R&R: Olympus

BryonD

Hero
Does anyone know anything about this book?
I just saw it and had not heard about it coming out.
Can't find any reviews so far, so I was wondering if anyone had seen it yet.

Thanks

dead

Explorer
I don't know anything about it but I think it's a cool idea.

I picked up "R&R: Excaliber" and it was good but there was *too* much crunch in my opinion.

I want a little more flavour and story in a genre book!

--------------------------
Actually, these books have got me thinking . . .

What S&S should do is release a *genre* book for each of the realms in the Planescape cosmology that are based on real world myths. So . . . you'd have:

Olympus
Tir Na Og
the Chinese realm
the Egyption realm
etc.

I always wanted D&D-style info on these real-world places. ;)

Crothian

First Post
I picked it up at Gen Con. While there is a lot of rules material in it, it is very greek and I feel they did a great hjob on it. The prestige classes are the high point for me.

BryonD

Hero
Thanks for the info.

I'd still like to hear more if anyone else has seen it, but I'm going to go ahead and pick this up.

Sir Elton

First Post
Man. It's happening again. There is too many people trying to go for a niche market that should be handled by only one publisher. :(

Crothian

First Post
Sir Elton said:
Yeah. I know. Lets see: There is GURPS Greece, Mythic Vistas: the Trojan War, OGL Ancients

I have three of the four, not having the Trojan War, and I think they go together quite well. Gurps one covers more on what greece is like, Olumpus is rules and makes a great addition to the higher game using the greeks, Trojan war is a bit more focused and covers the war more then a general covering of Olympus, and OGL ancients is more dealing with many of the Bronze age cultures not specializing on the Greeks so much.

Its not like 4 books on fighters that cover the same thing, these four books actually work very well together and make a great complete setting.

BryonD

Hero
Sir Elton said:
Man. It's happening again. There is too many people trying to go for a niche market that should be handled by only one publisher. :(

Eeek

Boy, I'd hate to think that who ever cranked out the first one got dibs and some authority told me that was my only choice, take it or leave it.
Long live competition.

Just placed my order for this one.

Starting up a new campaign with various mix and match culture clashes from history. The main area is fairly stereotypical psuedo western europe middle ages, but with the Olympian pantheon.

Two elven regions nearby feature an Ancient Egyptian culture and an Incan culture. Nothing like taking two cultures that were 4000 miles and 3000 years apart and jamming them up against each other......

Remove ads