• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan curses loudly and flat out runs... back to camp where he grabs he stuff and mounts BJ. He returns to the camp to to a quick scan of the area. Just a glance looking for anything permanate that might be used as evidence

Dungannon

First Post
Realizing the attackers only have a couple of minutes of a head start, Tor quickly takes off in pursuit in the direction indicated by Gideon. After a little more than a minute, Tor can make out the sounds of a small group moving up ahead. He can't tell for sure how far ahead, though, and he realizes that he's outpaced his companions a little bit as well.

LogicsFate

First Post
OOC: [sblock]the secong reference to campsite in my last post should have been attack site as searcing the camp for evidence would have been silly[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Aware of the danger he places himself in by outrunning his support, but unwilling to put the captive in further dange in order to avoid personal risk, Tor plummets forward towards the group he hears.

Roger

First Post
OOC: Go Tor go!

Ragnikyr trails along behind, trusting that a sprinting barbarian in the woods shouldn't be too hard to follow.

Cheers,
Roger

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Patlin, I'm feeling benevolent today so I'd like to remind you of three things. :) 1, you're alone. 2, you're on unfamiliar terrain. 3, it's the middle of the night and you have no light source.

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: Patlin, I'm feeling benevolent today so I'd like to remind you of three things. :) 1, you're alone. 2, you're on unfamiliar terrain. 3, it's the middle of the night and you have no light source.

Dungannon, I realize that Tor's actions are far from tactically brilliant. He may very well run into an ambush, or perhaps even more embarassing, a tree! I was hoping that there was at least moonlight, so he shouldn't be completely blind, but he still intends to pursue at a rate somewhat faster than is strictly wise.

He's less concerned with his own well being than with that of the prisoner, and he's hoping that if the enemy turns to engage him he can delay them long enough for the others to catch up.

That said, if he does stumble a couple of times or run into something, he'll slow down some.

(Also, I'll assume that his backpack, with his sunrods in it and his bow, remains sitting unhelpfully next to his bedroll where he had been sleeping until recently.)

Just to be clear, Tor is well aware that he is taking some great risks here, he's simply willing to take them in order to save what might very well be an innocent. He's hoping that he's lucky enough to avoid dying heroically as a result...

Dungannon

First Post
Tor continues to follow the sounds, veering slightly left or right as he tries to hurredly pick his way through the tall grass and brush. After about another minute of pursuit the fighter finds himself close enough to make out some detail in the moonlight. He can make out four large figures, two of which appear to be dragging something. Tor can hear snippets of conversation, but it's in a language he doesn't understand. Suddenly, the figure to the rear stops and turns, scanning the area behind it. It barks an order to the others, who also stop.

Remove ads