R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Grabbing the rock from his belt, Tor hurls it as hard as he can, attempting to throw it beyond the retreating group. Returning his hands to his chain, he waits for half a moment to see if the noise of the crashing rock gets any reaction. If not he pursues once more.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor gives the rock a mighty heave and it sails through the night. The outlaws come to an abrupt halt as the stone crashes into the brush directly in front of them. Unfortunately, they are now too far away for Tor to make out any more details than that.

Dungannon

First Post
Wanting to keep the highwaymen in some sort of visual range, Tor moves forward until he can make out the shapes better in the moonlight. Unfortunately, this time the alert foes become aware of his approach. The closest one calls out what Tor assumes is a challenge and brandishes a weapon, stepping deliberately toward the fighter's location.

ooc: The bad guy is approx. 40' away. It's time for initiative, Patlin.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor will move 20' (1/2 his movement, a carefull rate inspired by the darkness) towards the light of the torch which spooked the enemy, and ready an action to strike any enemy coming within range of his chain. Additionally, the first 3 to close within 5' of Tor will most likely provoke attacks of opportunity.

Dungannon

First Post
The lead enemy sees Tor retreat toward the torchlight, which is drawing steadily closer, and decides not to pursue. Concluding that it's safer to stay in a group, the three foes pick up their burden and retreat on their own, following the same direction their companion fled in.

Patlin

Explorer
Cat and mouse. Tor thinks. I hope the others are gaining on us. Soon I'll annoy them enough that they'll have to attack just to make me stop following them.

Tor pursues once more.

Remove ads