R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: Is Tor going to close the distance or maintain the current spacing (approx. 60')?

Tor would like to stay close enough so that he can be sure where the bad guys are. He'll aim fo 40'.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor keeps the bandits in sight as he maintains a cautious distance, hoping his companions catch up soon. After a minute or so, Tor sees the return of the bandit who ran off earlier. The rest of the brigands stop upon his return. Tor checks behind him. The torchlight is closer, but still about 100 or so feet away.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor tries to see how the prisoner is doing, and checks to make sure his companions are still headed in the right direction.

Does he think that the one who ran off and then returned might have been checking on reinforcements?

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
Tor tries to see how the prisoner is doing, and checks to make sure his companions are still headed in the right direction.
Tor cannot see the prisoner. It seems the brigands dropped him on the ground when they stopped. The torchlight is about 100' away and still approaching Tor's general direction.
Patlin said:
Does he think that the one who ran off and then returned might have been checking on reinforcements?
That is certainly a possibility.

Dungannon

First Post
Emboldened by the reinforcement, the outlaws begin once more to advance toward Tor, calling out challenges in the unfamiliar language.

ooc: They are now within 30' of Tor.

updated initiative list
Tor: 17
Foe #1: 15
Foe #2: 14
Foe #4: 10
Foe #3: 2

Patlin

Explorer
Tor yells out "Here they are! Rally to me, top speed my friends!"

He readies an action to strike at the first one coming within range. (Attack +5 for 2d4+3; up to 3 AOOs at same bonuses.)

He is intentionally not backing away from them this time, not wanting to encourage flight. However, he will take a 5' step away from them immediately after his readied attack triggers.

Dungannon

First Post
Three of the enemy approach Tor, one straight on and one each flanked off to the left and right. The fourth remains in the background. As they approach, Tor can make out that they are wielding vicious-looking longswords. All three stop about 10 feet away, still calling out in their strange language.

Valan, Gideon, Ragnikyr and Kerrz all hear Tor's shout come from up ahead and a little to the right. They change course slightly and continue to close, the light from the torch letting them move at normal speed over the unfamiliar terrain.

ooc: Tor's 5 foot move took him out of melee range this round. The rest of the party is now 70' away. Since the others are now aware of trouble ahead, I need Initiatives from the rest of you. If you want me to roll, let me know.

Remove ads