• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble pauses for a moment, pensive. Then he says, "Okay Drezel, what shall we do with this information? Should we seek out this strange smelling human named Noah? As you say, he's surely skipped town by now, and with a pocketful of gemstones. I doubt we'll catch him at this point." The gnome exhales, frustrated. "Our only bet is if he's affiliated with an organization... Perhaps a..." He pauses and glances at Gideon. "Where did this Noah say he lived? We are investigators, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for us to go knocking on doors." The tea arrives, and Fimble thanks the waitress and flips her a copper. He sips at his drink. "Drezel, friend, we'll get to the bottom of this." Fimble gives Drezel a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel helps himself to some tea. "He never mentioned where he was from, or where he was going. I do recall him mentioning something about a meeting at the docks, though."

The gnome grins at Fimble's gesture. "I'm just trying to do my civic duty. Help the Council and all that."

[sblock=Fimble, Metrius & Gideon: ]The more the gnome talks, the less you trust what he's saying. His last line, especially, rings false.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Fimble's eyes narrow at Drezel's last words. Does nothing from this gnome's mouth have truth in it? "Alright, Drezel. I tried. I really did. I'm a nice guy, you know? But you're not giving us the truth. That's all we want. Right, fellas?" Fimble turns to Gideon and Metrius, deciding that the "good cop" negotiation method is having no effect.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon half-smiles, and carefully nods his head in the affirmative to Fimble's words. He tenses slightly, ready to grab Drezel should he bolt for the door.

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel narrows his eyes. "That is the second time in two days a member of this little cadre has accused me of being dishonest without proof. I have told you what I thought you wanted to hear. If that is not good enough for you then I will take your leave and trust you to not bother me again." With that Drezel leaves the stool again and starts for the door.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

OOC: Anybody else want to take command of this conversation? I feel like Fimble is stealing the spotlight. And failing to please the audience with his amateur performance. =P

IcyCool

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Anybody else want to take command of this conversation? I feel like Fimble is stealing the spotlight. And failing to please the audience with his amateur performance. =P

OOC: You're doing fine. And Gideon is following your lead currently, because his other alternative is to beat Drezel into unconciousness in front of several witnesses. Since we have no proof of his wrong-doing, that would be a bad thing. We might just have to let him walk, and carry on with our day (buy some silver daggers and hit the sewers).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Fimble stands up with Drezel and stares menacingly into his eyes. "Sit down, sir. We are not finished here."

OOC: Intimidate check? Diplomacy? Either way it's just a +1 Cha modifier, Fimble has no ranks. Gideon and Metrius may be able to assist in this situation. (1d20+1=20) Assuming the check is successful and Drezel sits...

IC: Fimble sits back down as well. "We are not kidding around Drezel. This is serious trouble you're involved in. Whether you're working with them by choice or you're being coerced, you need to tell us what's what right now. They may be strong, but I guarantee you the Council is stronger, and when this whole thing comes crashing down, you do not want to be underneath it."

OOC: If Drezel keeps walking...

IC: In a low voice Fimble says, "We can't touch him, we have no proof, and I don't think the inn would appreciate any mess we might make. Should we tail him or go on with our other plans?"

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel stares at Fimble, a look of surprise on his face. He remains standing beside the stool, but makes no effort to leave as Fimble continues his dressdown. "If you insist, although I've tried to tell you what I know in way that won't get me killed. Noah works for a man who calls himself the Underlord. Dak and some others work for him as well. Noah has, or had, a regular job out at the docks but I haven't seen him around for a while. I don't know where this Underlord's base of operations is, but based on the smell Noah had when I last saw him, I'd say the sewers are as good as place as any to start looking."

Drezel looks around the table to see how his news is being received before continuing. "Is there anything else, or may I return to my shop now?"

ooc: Intimidate is what fits best, good thing Drezel's a gnome and thus the same size as you. :p

You all feel that this is the most truthful Drezel has been with you.

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon's expression softens a bit as the draconic blood screaming for the gnome's death quiets down. For some reason, forcing the gnome to comply sits well with Gideon, and he seems to relax visibly.

Remove ads