• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Simone stands and leads the way out of the conference room. "We've had to move him out of the regular cells. We're keeping him in a locked room on the top floor. Not much more than a closet, really, but he seemed to improve slightly once we got him away from where they were attacked."

She leads the way up a couple flights of stairs and down a few narrow hallways, deftly negotiating the hustle & bustle of a busy beaureaucratic workplace. Eventually you find yourself in another conference room, this one occupied by a pair of armed guards sitting at a table. A door is on the opposite wall. Simone dismisses the guards and approaches the door. "I'm not sure what you think you can get from this, but I hope whatever it is proves helpful."

She unlocks the door and pulls it open. Inside is a poor excuse for a man, barely recognizable as one of the hoodlums who attacked you yesterday. No longer wearing his studded leather armor, he sits on the floor, arms wrapped around his knees, rocking back and forth. His eyes, wide and unfocused, stare out at nothing. He doesn't seem to notice you.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble stares for a moment. He looks to the others before he takes a step into the small room. If the man still doesn't notice him, Fimble quietly asks, "What are you afraid of?"

Dungannon

First Post
The man appears oblivious, until Fimble approaches him and speaks. His eyes seem to focus on the gnome and he stops his rocking. His eyes widen alarmingly, he thrusts his hands out and screams, "NO!!!!!! Not you!! NO!!!!!" His eyes roll back into his head and he slumps to the ground.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble jumps back, startled but unharmed. "Damn. I was hoping we'd get a name or... or something. The "Underlord" he said? That could mean... so many things. But at the very least, I think all paths point downwards, to the sewers below. Did we mention something about testing this man for lycanthropy? If he is indeed a were-rat, it would definitely justify our purchasing silvered weapons. And if we can produce such clear cut proof, perhaps our employer might even furnish us with some?" Fimble looks to Simone.

Regardless of her answer, Fimble thinks that there is a very good chance that were-rats are involved, so he suggests purchasing some silver weapons be they purchased by the city or not. He has no further business at the Council House unless there is some method of proving lycanthropy, so unless anybody has an objection, he bids Simone farewell and heads to the market.

He himself will buy one silvered dagger (22gp) and 10 silvered bolts (3 gp).

Patlin

Explorer
Tor will purchase an Alchemical silver spiked chain, which should cost 205 gp. He will sell his javelins, not wanting to increase his load overmuch, for 2 gp.

(20 pp, 3 gp, and 4 javelins subtracted from character sheet. Alchemical silver spiked chain added.)

Heckler

First Post
Babette will purchase:
1 Silver Dagger - 22gp
10 Silver Bolts - 3gp
2 additional Sunrods - 4gp
1 Alchemists Fire - 20gp
1 Chalk - 1cp
1 Bottle strong perfume - ?
1 Scarf - ?

No prices listed for the perfume/scarf. She's not concerned with quality, but wants the perfume to be strong.

Bedroll, Blanket and 5 days Rations left in room at Inn for encumberance issues.

Character sheet updated

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Gideon will purchase a silvered Longsword, which should cost 105gp (15 normally + 90 for a silvered, one-handed weapon).

Dungannon

First Post
Simone rushes to the man's side after he collapses. "It seems he fainted. From fright." After verifying that he still lives, she rejoins the others in the main room and relocks the door.

"If you suspect him to be a victim of lycanthropy I will notify one of our clerical staff immediately. I'm sorry, but at this time I can't justify the Council's purchase of your weapons on just a hunch. If your suspicions prove correct, however, I may be able to see you get some reimbursement."

Simone leaves the room to fetch the cleric. After a short silence, everyone leaves and heads to the Market to outfit themselves for the upcoming trip to the sewers.

ooc: Everyone make sure you update your character sheets, please. I will post another update tonight dealing with your activities in the Market.

Last edited:

Remove ads