R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Tor says nothing. He still believes Dak to have been one of the bad guys, but it seems rude to say so under the circumstances.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble is silent for a moment. Then, "So what does this mean? Was he an agent of the rat-burglars and they took him out because he betrayed them? Was he really on our side all along? I don't think we'll be getting any answers from this corpse." Fimble wrinkles his nose at the mutilated body. Mixed in with the disgust is a look of sadness, though. "And in this condition, if we tried to bring Dak anywhere for, say a proper burial, I think he would... fall apart." The gnome sighs. "I hate to say it, but I think we have to leave him here and move on. Is anybody willing to... to poke around for... well, something, I don't know what... something on his person?" Fimble hasn't seen too much death in his mostly privileged life, and he's never seen anything as gross as this. He's having some trouble keeping the contents of his stomach where they belong. So he stops talking and takes some deep breaths of pungent, sewer air.

Dungannon

First Post
A quick search of Dak's remains reveals nothing of interest or value, it seems he was divested of most of his belongings before entering the sewers.

Heckler

First Post
"I think finding the body here is something of a clue. It doesn't appear the entrance we used had been used recently, so we could be very near the villians' entrance."

IcyCool

First Post
Heckler said:
"I think finding the body here is something of a clue. It doesn't appear the entrance we used had been used recently, so we could be very near the villians' entrance."

Gideon's grip tightens around the pommel of his silvered sword. "Good, then let's go be unexpected guests."

Dungannon

First Post
The group continues on down the tunnel, eventually coming to another, larger crossway. The new tunnel is about the same size as the first one (6' high, 5' wide) and runs perpendicular to the smaller tunnel. The smaller tunnel dead ends here. Gideon looks down both ways and notices faint light coming from small holes in the upper edges of the new tunnel. He also sees what looks like another tunnel continuing on down their current direction about thirty feet down the lefthand side.
Code:
___| |_________________________
_________________G_____________
                |T|
                |B|
                |F|
                |M|
                | |
                | |
scale not precise

Gideon looks back at his companions briefly before continuing on to the right. The tunnel runs in a straight line with the occasional opening on both sides. None of these openings are big enough for a human to travel through, unless they wanted to wiggle through on their stomach. After a couple of hundred feet or so Gideon notices cobwebs hanging from the ceiling of the tunnel. Looking further ahead, it appears as if they get a little thicker farther down.

Last edited:

Remove ads