R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Scimitar Swing (1d20+7=15, 1d6+4=5)

Making sure to time it right, Tor waits a heartbeat before striking again. He swings and steps back, confident that Gideon will be ready to step forward and attack again.

ooc: Tor should be just before Gideon in the initiative order due to the ready action rules. He will delay till after Gideon so that Gideon can ready an action to step forward and attack, then Tor will attack and step back.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: I think these guys can handle a rat without my help. Besides, I'm not sure I have any spells that would be useful at the moment. Unless something changes, I'm content to stay out of the way and watch the show.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble just waits. Clearly Tor and Gideon can handle this, it would just be a waste of precious magic if he were to use a spell now.

Dungannon

First Post
Tor swings his blade in a short arc, this time connecting solidly with the rat. It collapses to the ground as the last of its lifeblood pours out of it, the baleful eyes still staring at the man who struck it down.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor examines the rat bodies, which don't seem likely to shift into human form. After a moment, he shrugs. If they seem to be normal rats, Tor figures the chance of finding loot is small. He takes a quick look around before saying "Let's keep going."

Dungannon

First Post
Tor examines the dead rats, who remain rats after death. They are definitely larger than normal rats, between 3 & 4 feet long with dirty, spiky fur. They quickly move on to the mass that the rats were swarming on. It appears to be a body, human in size and shape. With the damage done by the rats it's hard to tell how long exactly it's been down here, but since it hasn't been completely devoured you determine that it couldn't have been too long.

[sblock=Gideon: ]Something about the shreds of clothing about the body seems familiar. Upon closer examination you come to believe that the body at your feet is Dak.[/sblock]

Remove ads