RA Salavatore Books vs 4.0 E

I am not a huge fan of FR book I do enjoy RA Salvatore's books. Has anyone wondered what will become of these if the FR timeline is suddenly adjusted by 100 years? Will we be seeing the Great Grandchildren of Cattre-Brie... Wulfgar...... Drizzt even?

Hints of the Orc nation remaining is there so what of Mithril hall and the Battlehammer clan?

Everyone's favorite assassin?

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
megamania said:
I am not a huge fan of FR book I do enjoy RA Salvatore's books. Has anyone wondered what will become of these if the FR timeline is suddenly adjusted by 100 years? Will we be seeing the Great Grandchildren of Cattre-Brie... Wulfgar...... Drizzt even?

Hints of the Orc nation remaining is there so what of Mithril hall and the Battlehammer clan?

Everyone's favorite assassin?
There already is one book which has the prologue and epilogue take place in the future and it is being written from Drizzt's point of view. He is still alive and he hints and some of the changes he's seen in the future. The prologue is actually listed as as sample chapter for the book on the WOTC website.

Darkwolf71

First Post
I wouldn't be at all suprised if Artemis manages to find a way to cheat death. I mean it would be totally unrealistic, but he has been such a iconic counter point to Drizzt it's hard to imagine the story line going on without him*. There's always Jarlaxle, but... it's just not the same.

*note: I have not read The Hunter's Blades books so if this makes no sense due to some things in there, my apologies.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Honestly, I think one of 4e goals is to try and model RAS's writing style in D&D. So I believe, now more than ever, D&D will be able to be "true" to RAS's books.

Sitara

Explorer
Yeah, the prologue chapter is set 100 years in the future.Drizzt still has his scimitars, guenhwyavr, the magical featers which allow him extra movement (+2 sqaures probably lol) and he also carries Cattiebries bow.

Though he really goes out and says it that he isliving in a points of light world.

That was pretty cheezy. :)

(Oh and apparently Wall of Force still needs the crushed diamond as a component. A mage actually casts it in the book)

Wormwood

Adventurer
I love the books---they deliver 100% of what they promise.

That said, I'm sure they will continue to be as reflective of D&D rules as they have always been.

Sitara

Explorer
Hmmm, dunno about that.

ADnD 2E Rangers and/or fighter rangers had spellcasting built in. Drizzt however, never cast spells.

Kyrail

First Post
Sitara said:
Hmmm, dunno about that.

ADnD 2E Rangers and/or fighter rangers had spellcasting built in. Drizzt however, never cast spells.

I think Sitara was trying to imply that they're not very faithful to the rules, and I'd agree.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases