D&D 5E Racial Feats after MOTM

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Re-reading the Racial Feats in XGTE (73-75), in the light of the changes made to lineages in MOTM makes me wonder if there are tweaks coming to any of these in future errata.

1. Dragon Hide. Will the retractable claws now do 1d6+STR damage, instead of 1d4+STR? It appears they are working towards uniformity here, and so I think that's likely.

2. Squat Nimbleness. The second bullet point used to serve to raise the speed of a small creature from 25' to 30'. Is that feature now redundant given that small races move 30'? I suspect it is, but this one I don't think they will change even if it would make sense. Prior to this, Goblins moved 30' (VGTM) and they could use this feet to achieve the speed of the Wood elf. That'll be true of all small races now.

Thoughts? Others?

JEB

Legend
Considering they merged the Deep Gnome's feat into the Deep Gnome proper, I wouldn't be surprised if racial feats are quietly abandoned in 2024 edition. Maybe we'll see more of them integrated as some kind of option as you level up, though.

Considering they merged the Deep Gnome's feat into the Deep Gnome proper, I wouldn't be surprised if racial feats are quietly abandoned in 2024 edition. Maybe we'll see more of them integrated as some kind of option as you level up, though.
I think that integrating racial feats into the core races was the right decision.
I already considered to allow everyone who does not like their racial attribute increases to forfeit them and take the racial feat instead.

JEB

Legend
I think that integrating racial feats into the core races was the right decision.
I already considered to allow everyone who does not like their racial attribute increases to forfeit them and take the racial feat instead.
At least in the case of the Deep Gnome, it struck me as odd that they didn't already build that feat's abilities into the race itself. Certainly they can do so for other races in the 2024 edition.

Remove ads