D&D 5E Rage of Demons more details.

Mhyr

Explorer
I would really love to learn more about this interesting storyline/adventure and the new issue of dragon+ also fails for me in this regard. "Fails" might be a little hard, but as we are wrapping up LMoP - our first 5E adventure - I would love to continue with the group (RL and IG). Both available storylines have serious downsides for me/our way of gaming. As a DM I like the story/villains/flavor of ToD way more than that of EE, but I prefer the sandboxy and LMoP-like structure of EE over that of ToD.

The Adventure seems to start at level one, which is pretty strange for this epic story and scenes described in issue #3 of dragon+, but this topic has already been discussed. I would just like to know wether there will be good points to enter more experienced characters or how hard it would be to scale the whole thing up to a more epic level, what structure it will rely on (linear vs. sandboxy), more dungeoncrawls or more wilderness or even more urban adventuring (IMHO the underdark can be all and provide all at the same time) etc.

I guess I just have to wait. Or does anyone know any more details? :D

In a polytheistic standard D&D setting, I personally prefer gods to be defeatable but not permanently killable by high-level characters.

Even in Greek mythology, Diomedes (who was not a half-god unlike many Greek heroes) was able to wound Ares and Aphrodite and send them fleeing back to Olympus (the equivalent of "banishing from the Material Plane" IMO).

Demon lords/archdevils IMO are a step below and should be permanently killable (on their home plane only).

I would allow for "quasi-death" under the right circumstances (divine power "absorbed" by another being, imprisonment as for the Titans or Tharizdun, etc.) But the being could then be "re-integrated" or freed with similarly significant circumstances.

And powers exceptional by even divine standards (like the Last Word) could permanently slay gods.

In a polytheistic standard D&D setting, I personally prefer gods to be defeatable but not permanently killable by high-level characters.

Even in Greek mythology, Diomedes (who was not a half-god unlike many Greek heroes) was able to wound Ares and Aphrodite and send them fleeing back to Olympus (the equivalent of "banishing from the Material Plane" IMO).

Demon lords/archdevils IMO are a step below and should be permanently killable (on their home plane only).

Thats already how it works. Even normal Demons are only killable on their home plane. For Gods it is similar as of 5e. But only lesser gods can be fought by mortals.

Remove ads