• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rage of Demons more details.

Irennan

Explorer
If we take into account the fact that there are the...what, 8 (?) most commonly referenced demon lords coming to the Prime as a result of this..."mishap."

The Abyss, at its most conservative estimate consists of 666 layers....anywhere up to infinite. There's a whoooole bunch of other demon lords whose names we don't know [yet] and countless lordlings who will be all too happy to wrest what control/power/destruction/and followers they can while the 8 big-names are lost in their own chaos-making on the Prime.

Hell, for all we know, the whole thing with this poor drow wizard (surely a male) was engineered entirely by Lolth and while these guys are futzing around on the Prime [note Lolth's conspicuous absence from the "famous demon lords invading the Underdark" line up?], SHE is subsuming their layers as fast as she can.

I think that Lolth is missing because she is a deity, and after the Sundering in FR gods are going to meddle way less than before and their portfolios and power are now set in stone (those would be Ao's new rules). So Idk... it doesn't seem likely to me.

I think that Lolth is missing because she is a deity, and after the Sundering in FR gods are going to meddle way less than before and their portfolios and power are now set in stone (those would be Ao's new rules). So Idk... it doesn't seem likely to me.

Chris confirmed that she would not be featured and that there would be an in story reason for it.

joshinminn

Explorer
I fail to see what the big deal is. There hasn't been an edition of D&D where I liked every module or adventure setting that was put out. Getting upset at WoTC or predicting doom for D&D because you don't like this particular adventure seems awfully odd to me.
Yes, this. Personally, I think the AP sounds cool. but if it didn't interest me, I'd skip it. Why get bent out of shape?

Irennan

Explorer
Chris confirmed that she would not be featured and that there would be an in story reason for it.

Hmm, gods being prevented from rampaging on Toril seems a quite big reason and enough of a justification to me. Perhaps she's busy with her recently returned daughter and son?

We'll see...

The description sez: "King Bruenor sends his friend Drizzt Do’Urden to find out what’s happening beneath the surface".
Isn't Bruenor dead? Dead and reincarnated?

The description sez: "King Bruenor sends his friend Drizzt Do’Urden to find out what’s happening beneath the surface".
Isn't Bruenor dead? Dead and reincarnated?

Key word is Reincarnated. He currently is a member of the Northren Dwarven leadership along with the 3 current kings. While he is not the offical king anymore. The Dwarves hold a pretty good deal of respect for him.

Likley he heard that weird :):):):) is happening underground and asked Drizzt as he does know the area pretty well to check it out. Of course he has no idea it's something huge like a bunch of Demon Lords.

Key word is Reincarnated. He currently is a member of the Northren Dwarven leadership along with the 3 current kings. While he is not the offical king anymore. The Dwarves hold a pretty good deal of respect for him.

Likley he heard that weird :):):):) is happening underground and asked Drizzt as he does know the area pretty well to check it out. Of course he has no idea it's something huge like a bunch of Demon Lords.
I don't read the books, but heard about one a few books back. Wasn't sure if he got his crown back or not.

Ristamar

Adventurer
Many people will. This AP may be the closest thing to a book on demons that we will see in 5E. That alone may sell a lot of books.

I'm hoping for stats on Gromph. I couldn't stomach any more Drizzt novels after The Hunter' Blades trilogy, but I still enjoy reading tidbits about the Archmage of Menzoberranzan.

I'm hoping for stats on Gromph. I couldn't stomach any more Drizzt novels after The Hunter' Blades trilogy, but I still enjoy reading tidbits about the Archmage of Menzoberranzan.

Companions Codex trilogy features quite a bit of Gromph. Also Hunter's Blade Trilogy was pretty good what was your problem with them?

Remove ads