• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E /Ragequit Rants

Wolfskin

Explorer
Are the fights still taking place in taverns? My 15 year old half-orc is gonna keep missing out!

/underagequit
In that case you'll have to take the Looks Slightly Older feat, then the Tavern Brawler feat. Thank you, Wizards, for letting me play the character I want... NOT!

RedShirtNo5.1

Explorer
A Closed Letter to WotC

Dear MERLS, WotC, and the d05 team,

Thank you for bringing us the d05 edition of Dungeons and Dragons! I was greatly looking forward to this new edition, but am now filled with trepidation. At first, I considered writing an open letter. But given the criticality of my concerns, I determined that only a closed letter would meet the needs of the current circumstances. I am confident that you (and only you) will be reading this forum post, buried at page 19 of this thread.

First off, you have to understand that I am a professional. It doesn't really matter what kind of professional. Really really professional. In fact, if I told you what kind of professional, you would later meet an unfortunate accident. Like "see page XX". Or the flumph.

Because of my experience in the gaming industry, I can tell you that most players want to play a game in which they have fun. Of course, there are always exceptions! This is why modularity is so important. Finally WotC can realize the goal of different types of players, those who want to have fun, and those who don't, playing at the same table! The other things I've learned in the gaming industry is that the average of 2d6 is 7, and also that a flush beats a straight. Of course, none of those things are the real issue.

The real issue is this. If Dungeons & Dragons continues on its current path, it faces a crisis in the player base of historic proportions. And just to be clear, by "historic proportions" I mean 2014:1, which is a number derived by careful statistical analysis. And by "player base" I mean chairs and couches, as well as anything else players might sit or stand on, like beanbags or the floor. So now you now have some idea of magnitude of the problem.

I understand that you have already sent the Player's Handbook to the printer. I know you are likely to take some short term financial loss, but I urge you to cancel this printing order immediately in order to address the problems I outline below. Otherwise, the consequences will be catastrophic. Please carefully consider, as the fate of D&D, and in fact the fate of the whole world, results on your decision.

Regards,

RedShirtNo5

Ichneumon

First Post
So, I was starting to make my peace with 5e. Then I decided to recheck that sorcerer surge table - y'know, the one Mike posted a screenshot of a while back. At first, it just seemed like a bunch of random fun.

But there was something missing. I looked up, and down, and then it hit me. None of the results, from 01 to 00, allowed you to become the DM.

This can't be forgiven. WotC, what were you thinking? :mad:

/wildmagequit

BoldItalic

First Post
They changed the Noble background since the playtest, so now Nobles don't get three servants. I was pageboy to a kindly old 3rd-level wizard until then but now he's just turned round and said, quite bluntly, that my services are no longer required. All the nobles are doing the same, so I can't get another job. Thank you very much, WotC.

/pagequit

Remove ads