• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raiders of Aundair : The Dead Men Walk Again (prologue)

Eryndur

Explorer
Konnel can easily appreciate the goodmaster's no-nonsense approach. For a spy, he spoke straight. Besides, any man who could take a cheek-pinching at his age was obviously one who had few insecurities.

"I'm with you, for Aundair and the Lord of Battle."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
ethandrew said:

"Know this, Goodman Willems, what we as Dead Men do, we do naught for glory or fame or coin, not for women or superiors or spymasters, we do for Aundair, our one and only love."

Sarelo grins, speaks up, and raises his cup again. "Not so hasty Retief...if we can do what we do for fame, coin, or women, we may as well! But what you say is true. The knowledge that our comrades-in-arms never forget us is fame enough, and we are paid with the coin of adventure well enough. An Aundair is as faithful a woman as I've ever known. Gooman Willems, you have this knight, and I suspect the rest of us too."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Me and Aaranth were there when those dogs stole Thaliost. We will be there when it is taken back." Jael says with more passion than anyone has heard him use before. "If necessary, we will spend centuries fighting for Aundair."

DrZombie

First Post
Blackrat said:
"Me and Aaranth were there when those dogs stole Thaliost. We will be there when it is taken back." Jael says with more passion than anyone has heard him use before. "If necessary, we will spend centuries fighting for Aundair."

"It might come to that." says Willems dryly.

ethandrew said:
[sblock=OOC]Retief has active his Motivate Charisma aura in all non-combat situations, such as this. While he noticed the glint of steel, he will admit that was his intended reaction, although maybe not such a possibly violent one.

He will try to be a little more diplomatic this go around and put the spy at ease: Diplomacy of 37.[/sblock]

"I am used to working alone, and I must say I was a little hesitant at first, but it seems we shall get along nicely. There was one more I expected to show up, but perhaps he was delayed. We shall see."

"Now, we will visit Thaliost in the near future, but first we must make a detour. I have some clients I need to speak with.
We shall depart for Throneport in a week. Funds will be made available to perform the necessary repairs to our airship, and for supplies. You have rooms here untill we depart. There will be some goods arriving by caravan in the next few days. Stow them away cerefully and do not open them. I will arrange for travel papers for you all, and for our cargo
."

He stands up and looks at you all.

"Remember, you are sailors and guardsmen now, not soldiers. Wear your pride of Aundair in your hart, but not on your tongue whenever someone might overhear you.

Gentlemen, Lady,

I bid you a good night
."

he gets up and makes ready to leave, wrapping himself in a heavy fur cloak.

Eryndur

Explorer
Throneport, eh? No-man's land and everybody's land, all at the same time. Should be interesting, especially if we have to cross sectors. A different kind of war is still raging in that town.

Konnel smiles and leans back as the goodmaster takes his leave. "Ah, a chance to see where it all started! What could be more pleasant?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Forge stood up, throw a glance at everyone, and then said with his metallic voice:
"I will go too. I assume you all are going to rest your minds and bodies in some hours, and for some hours. I will wait outside I suppose, since I do not have need of the physiological state you call sleep. Thus, the clients are looking me, in what I think is an odd look. You humanoids look all the same, it is hard to differentiate the expressions in your faces. So I shall go outside and pass the night there" the huge warforged took his cloak, carefully trying to not push or throw anything to the floor. He failed, a bottle and a dish fell braking in pieces with a "crash" noise. "I... apologies"

Autumn

First Post
Ghaunder joins in the toast and then sits back, watching Willems carefully as he talks.

The man has vindicated himself for the most part, but there is still something about him that Ghaunder can't quite trust. Perhaps it is merely that his trust, these days, is a difficult thing to win.

Still... that can do little to change the value of the opportunity he offers.

"Safe journey home, Goodmaster."

Voda Vosa said:
Forge stood up, throw a glance at everyone, and then said with his metallic voice:
"I will go too. I assume you all are going to rest your minds and bodies in some hours, and for some hours. I will wait outside I suppose, since I do not have need of the physiological state you call sleep. Thus, the clients are looking me, in what I think is an odd look. You humanoids look all the same, it is hard to differentiate the expressions in your faces. So I shall go outside and pass the night there" the huge warforged took his cloak, carefully trying to not push or throw anything to the floor. He failed, a bottle and a dish fell braking in pieces with a "crash" noise. "I... apologies"

"Sleep?" Ghaunder chuckles, ignoring the smashing dish. "All in good time, but I was hoping we'd share a drink or three more before that. We have a lot of catching up to do... and a lot to celebrate, I think." His bearded old face cracks into a happy grin.

[sblock=OOC]Ghaunder will happily stay up all night drinking and reminiscing, maybe playing some cards or something. But obviously we don't need to rp through all that, I'm happy to move on when the rest of you are. :)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I do not drink either." Forge replies. "But it will be ..." Forge seems to think the next word he will say very carefully "... nice." then, with a squeak of his arm, he leaves his cloak again, and sits once more.

ethandrew

First Post
Retief nurses his wine, taking a few bites of cheese and chunks of bread to absorb some of the acidity of the bitter red. Leaning back in his chair, he smiles lazily, "Yes, relax Forge. The night is young and we're in a cozy inn located in the middle of Aundair. No guard duty is necessary tonight. Even though you don't drink, you've got stories aplenty, and it's always interesting getting your perspective on matters."

Setting his glass down, Retief reaches both hands around his neck and fumbles with the clasp of his gorget. Among friends he does not care to wear the burdensome piece of armor, as they all have their own scars. Removing the gorget and placing it on the floor next to his chair, Retief stretches his neck around in a circle, popping his neck and allowing the scar to breathe. It's a wicked one at that too, one that starts below his left ear and traverses near to his right shoulder, deep but not deep enough. The skin is a healed red, and when Retief pulls his head back, it stretches taught like a sewn mouth. He reaches back for his wine, a smile on his face.

Remove ads