• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random Magic Items - Complete?

3catcircus

Adventurer
Does anyone know if WotC has ever produced a "complete" set of random magic tables? It would include a distribution similar to that contained in the DMG, but with *all* magic items from all 3.x sources, with a random % chance to be a campaign specific item.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Not to my knowledge.

The MIC has random item tables that include all of the DMG + MIC, which is good enough for me at this point.

Cheers!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
MerricB said:
Not to my knowledge.

The MIC has random item tables that include all of the DMG + MIC, which is good enough for me at this point.

Cheers!

It's pretty darn close to all actually.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
hong said:
What would be the point? It would be obsolete as soon as the next splatbook was published.

I'd like a database of them actually, which you could update with the new books you buy.

Cheers!

3catcircus

Adventurer
blargney the second said:
Magic Item Compendium = Complete Loot?
-blarg

Uh... no..

From what I've seen so far, MIC doesn't include everything. I'll probably just build my own tables. Start with the 3.5 DMG, work backwards to include relevant 3.0 books, then work forwards to include every 3.5 book ("core" D&D and Forgotten Realms books). I'll do this in chronological order with footnotes to indicate when a magic item/capability changed between sources (i.e. flaming and flaming burst now become flaming and burst under MIC...)

Remove ads