• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random questions, well, mostly about eidolons

Wycen

Explorer
Let us say you are playing a summoner with a bipedal eidolon. Will the share spell ability allow you to cast Enlarge Person on your eidolon?

Next, an eidolon stays around until reaching negative CON. Does that mean it is conscious at -1 hp? Staggered at 0? Does it follow the normal character rules for death and dying?

In Curse of the Crimson Throne you can buy exotic perfume. The book says a typical vial contains 10 doses. Then the price list says it costs 10 gp per dose. So that exotic perfume really costs 100 gp per vial?

I'm pretty sure my party members cheated on this one, or rather they maybe pulled a 4E-ism. When at negative hit points, getting healed does not start at 0 and then move up. In other words, you are dying at -4 and the cleric casts cure light wounds for 5 points, thus you are at 1 hit point - not 5. I've reread the rules (well, read the Pathfinder version for the first time fully) and now get to be an evil jerk the next time this happens in the game, unless I'm wrong?

It would appear I can Craft Wondrous Items using wordspells without knowing the prerequisite spells. Example. My summoner does not know the spell, Resistance. But it is on his spell list. Thus, for a penalty of +2 to the craft DC, I can create a cloak of resistance +1. Is that correct?

Thanks

Systole

First Post
Let us say you are playing a summoner with a bipedal eidolon. Will the share spell ability allow you to cast Enlarge Person on your eidolon?

Yes. Doesn't even have to be bipedal. Summoners can explicitly cast spells on their eidolons in violation of spell descriptors, as long as they're summoner spells.

Share Spells (Ex)

The summoner may cast a spell with a target of “you” on his eidolon (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on himself. A summoner may cast spells on his eidolon even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the eidolon’s type (outsider). Spells cast in this way must come from the summoner spell list.

Next, an eidolon stays around until reaching negative CON. Does that mean it is conscious at -1 hp? Staggered at 0? Does it follow the normal character rules for death and dying?

It is staggered at 0, unconscious and dying at negative hp, and sent back to home plane at negative CON.

Nebten

First Post
In Curse of the Crimson Throne you can buy exotic perfume. The book says a typical vial contains 10 doses. Then the price list says it costs 10 gp per dose. So that exotic perfume really costs 100 gp per vial?

I'm pretty sure my party members cheated on this one, or rather they maybe pulled a 4E-ism. When at negative hit points, getting healed does not start at 0 and then move up. In other words, you are dying at -4 and the cleric casts cure light wounds for 5 points, thus you are at 1 hit point - not 5. I've reread the rules (well, read the Pathfinder version for the first time fully) and now get to be an evil jerk the next time this happens in the game, unless I'm wrong?

It would appear I can Craft Wondrous Items using wordspells without knowing the prerequisite spells. Example. My summoner does not know the spell, Resistance. But it is on his spell list. Thus, for a penalty of +2 to the craft DC, I can create a cloak of resistance +1. Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes it would be 100 gp for a vial of 10 doses.

You are correct that negative hit points must be healed first before the person can gain positive hit points. It could be a simple error. I would recommend against being an evil jerk since you've already dropped one player already. Let the dice do the talking for you.

You don't have to "know" the spell, but you must have some way to cast it when crafting the item. This can be done via wordspells, scrolls etc.

Have fun!

Wycen

Explorer
Just before falling asleep last night I remember another question, but didn't want to disturb myself, so I didn't write it down and now I forget what it was.

Remove ads