• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
The group begins the journey back with 4 prisoners and the two rescued captives. Unfortunately, the 4 prisoners are all unconscious at the start of the journey which makes for slow going. After about an hour, the group has progressed a mile back when they hear a groan from one of the captives as he comes around. "Huhuargm." Groggily, he says, "P-put put me down. I can walk. I can walk." This is the man formerly wielding the longsword.

There is about 1 hour until sunset. Even with an improved pace from having one less person to carry, there is no way you will make it back to the wagon before nightfall.

OOC: Shall I continue on until night fall and camping, or do you wish to interrogate your prisoner. How will you set up camp? Watch orders and light sources please.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Looking at the time, and realising that the group won't make it back to the town before nightfall and that a camp is likely, Kyle decides it would be best to ensure everyone was as healthy as he could make them. Moving over to Lupic and Semabin he expells the last of his divinely imbued power for the day.

OOC: It's times like this that I wish we had an OOC thread ;). I'm not sure how many spells Kyle has left, if any. Your call. We should camp for the night, Kyle (who himself is injured) is happy to gaurd although he will need his rest so he can gain his spells back.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I believe Kyle is out of spells. Clerics actually do not have to rest to regain spells. They just have to wait for the right time of day which for Kyle I would guess is sometime during breakfast.

D20Dazza

Explorer
OOC: Thought he might have had a 0 or two left.

Doh! I thought they still needed the rest - been a while since I've played a cleric :D Geoth is flexible, he let's you regain spells at any (recognised ;)) meal time. :D

SlagMortar

First Post
Night descends and the party sets up camp in the forest. The peasant who was wielding the longspear also awakens just as the camp is completed. Kyle takes the first watch, which passes uneventfully.

Predawn begins and the world beneath the trees slowly brightens. It is still murky and the shadows play tricks on the eye.

Who is taking the last watch?

OOC: There should just be one more encounter and then this will be wrapped up. There's several DMs lined up at the moment waiting for characters so I will try keep this moving.

SlagMortar

First Post
During the night, everyone heals 1 hitpoint and 1 str damage for Semabin. Current status:
Semabin: 15 of 21 HP, 2 Str damage
Lupic: 3 of 21 HP
Fenwick: uninjured
Deos: uninjured
Kyle: 4 of 11 HP
Prisoner R: conscious
Prisoner P: conscious
Prisoner O: unconscious
Prisoner T: unconscious
Nurse: uninjured
Lily: uninjured

With the slow brightening of the sky comes an arrow aimed at Semabin. It streaks out of the darkness narrowly missing him. miss chance (1d100=17) He is unable to determine where it came from. 1d20-1=6 DC 0 + penalty for distance, sorry.

Initiatives:initiatives (1d20+3=11, 1d20-1=19, 1d20+2=9, 1d20+0=1, 1d20+2=22) Semabin can shout to waken everyone out of turn. Sleeping characters are prone and unarmored. They do not immediately spot the threat.

Fenwick: 22
Kyle: 19
U: 18
Semabin: 11
Lupic: 9
Deos: 1

Fenwick grabs his crossbow and loads a bolt.

Knight Otu

First Post
"ALERT! ARCHER!" Semabin yells as a warning, draws one scimitar, and drops into a defensive stance, waiting for a second shot to determine where the archer is.

(MEA Draw Weapon, Standard Action Full Defense; Can't declare Dodge against unseen opponents, unfortunately. :p )

Remove ads