• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Rant] Map-of-the-Week (WotC)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
They aren't free. The artist gets paid, and probably out of a budget. The budget is allocated from incoming funds. Incoming funds are most likely garnered from sales. Yes, your PHB could have been $0.0001 cheaper! :D

Rav

EricNoah

Adventurer
I doubt we're seeing a whole lot of brand new commissioned maps over there -- I've seen a lot of old stuff from old modules and other sources up there. Not that I don't appreciate them.

I admit that the ones that are like pictures are less useful to me overall.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Zamdrist said:

No, it's surely free, but that doesn't mean it immune to criticism. Let's say Map-of-the-Week was compiled from community submissions, I think they would be very different.

Zamdrist

Now this I like :)

That is actually a very good idea. A forum for anyone to post maps, mysterious writings or anything else that could be used as an adventure hook.

This could grow into a substatial database almost overnight. What DM doesn't have a huge quantity of old handouts and such he's given players? Gods I have a binder of just htese sort of things. You should suggest this over in the Publishers forum Zamdrist - I'm sure someone would be willing to host such a thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads