Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Poor **

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Terrible *

Votes: 6 4.2%

BryonD

Hero
You are wrong, in level 5 the diference is greater
Conan with a sword : to hit 5 + 6 (master) + 5 (strength) = 16.
Raistlin with a sword: To hit 0 + 0 (untrained) - 4 (strength) = -4.

I am not dodging your point. Of course narrative is the most important thing for TTRPG. This is why you must have a systen that is balanced and offer diversity . balanced in a way that every classes have their potencial and flaws. A martial class must be better in some situations and a spellcarter class in other.
Setting aside that you are giving him a "3" strength to pad you numbers, you STILL avoided the question. What is the one most important thing to know? The answer remains "level". That is more important that anything else. Now you are burying your numbers by comparing the untrained to trained.

This is an absurd EXTREME comparison to give you every chance at making the case. And yet the very examples you provide require one to squint and tilt their head while putting their thumb on the scale to not see how flawed the build comparisons are.

And, here we are at the point where it is starting to appear that you are unable to even accept that the point I'm making is reasonable.

I totally, truly, get why a simple to run and easy to balance GAME is valuable to some people. But if you can't offer the same open perspective, then there is nothing to be gained.

BryonD

Hero
And if we aply the first exemple with a sword the diference is astronomical.
Conan + 36
Raistlin -4

40 points of difference.
Continuing to ignore the actual questions and move the goal posts.
Is this a conversation? Please either address my actual concerns or understand that I'm just assuming there is nothing more to be gained here.

kayman

Explorer
Setting aside that you are giving him a "3" strength to pad you numbers, you STILL avoided the question. What is the one most important thing to know? . That is more important that anything else. Now you are burying your numbers by comparing the untrained to trained.

This is an absurd EXTREME comparison to give you every chance at making the case. And yet the very examples you provide require one to squint and tilt their head while putting their thumb on the scale to not see how flawed the build comparisons are.

And, here we are at the point where it is starting to appear that you are unable to even accept that the point I'm making is reasonable.

I totally, truly, get why a simple to run and easy to balance GAME is valuable to some people. But if you can't offer the same open perspective, then there is nothing to be gained.
But it was you that named conan and raistlin as a example...
I am just applying a narrative of what i understand of this to iconics characters.

"The answer remains "level"
To my knoledge all D&D/Pathfinder games are based on levels.

kayman

Explorer
Continuing to ignore the actual questions and move the goal posts.
Is this a conversation? Please either address my actual concerns or understand that I'm just assuming there is nothing more to be gained here.
I just trying to make my point that the MATH of PF2 helps the narrative of the game.

dave2008

Legend
And if we aply the first exemple with a sword the diference is astronomical.
Conan + 36
Raistlin -4

40 points of difference.
Yikes, that this is possible makes me think I shouldn't bother finding a group to play - this is not what I want in my games. Please tell this is an extreme example and not likely to come up in play. 40 points of difference just shouldn't be possible IMO.

kayman

Explorer
Yikes, that this is possible makes me think I shouldn't bother finding a group to play - this is not what I want in my games. Please tell this is an extreme example and not likely to come up in play. 40 points of difference just shouldn't be possible IMO.

Between RAISTLIN and CONAN?????

I think it is fair.

Remove ads