Votes: 90 15.9%

Votes: 122 21.6%

Votes: 171 30.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My interest level- despite my preorded Core 3- is a 3.

1) I have few players in my current circle who have shown any interest in it. In contrast, I have many who feel they haven't played enough 3.X, and money is tight for several of them.

2) Most importantly, of what I've seen so far, there are things I like and things I dislike about 4Ed, and in about equal numbers. However, what I like I generally like only a little better than 3.X, and what I dislike I profoundly dislike. Some changes, frankly, seem to be merely changes for the sake of changing things, not for any real sense of improvement.

jeffh

Adventurer
HP Dreadnought said:
I never understand the people who care about the OGL for 3.x or a possible "poison pill" in the GSL. I guess these people like to feel important and "enlightened" by "standing up against" the "evil, greedy corporations" when all they're really doing is hurting themselves.

WotC is in business to make money. Period. The license will reflect whatever beliefs they have about what will generate the most money for them in the short and long term. To an outsider who hasn't seen sales and marketing data, its pretty pompous to assume that you know more than WotC about what approach to take, simply basing it on the preferences you you and your circle of friends.
Yeah, because obviously, failure to maximize profit is the only possible reason someone could have for objecting to a business' decision. :rolleyes

Seriously, this post has nothing to do with any objection to the GSL that I've read.

Oni

First Post
I gave it a 7, but only because I don't have a gaming group. If I had people to play with at this time I'd say 8 or 9. :)

Warbringer

Explorer
FYI on scales like this 0-6 is usually considered a negative result; 7-8 neutral and 9-10 an active score (now.... given the wonkiness of the 0-9... might say 8-9 was positive)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Warbringer said:
FYI on scales like this 0-6 is usually considered a negative result; 7-8 neutral and 9-10 an active score (now.... given the wonkiness of the 0-9... might say 8-9 was positive)

Only because review sites financially rely on game publishers' ads. I don't know if that has much bearing here.

HeinorNY

First Post
JohnSnow said:
Vancian magic is (mostly) gone - Check!
Actually, depending on your concept of vancian magic, it is far from gone, since EVERY class in 4e have access to vancian "magic" (fire-forget-sleep to recharge).
Not that I find it bad.

Remove ads