• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

Krug

Newshound
Unfortunately it's late at night right now and there aren't any shops open. Spying the activing at the door from the corner of his eye, Gogsmol approaches. "They're with me," he says, and the guard backs off, scowling. "They don't come in here," he says to the merchant, snarling.

Gogsmol turns to you, holding a shiny silver cup of wine. "Well did you do the job?"

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Borkel turns to Gogsmol, respectfully avoiding to get too close to the entrance of the tavern so as not to anger the guard. He says:

"Mr. Gogsmol. It is good to see you. You will be very pleased to learn that we have performed the service you requested with success. Your warehouse is now safe and empty of threats. However, I think you should come closer, there are important private matters that you need to be aware of."

Borkel's body language then invites Gogsmol to step out of the tavern's threshold and to come near the three of them, far from curious ears.

Gray Shade

First Post
Borkel seems to have the situation in hand. Eddy stays behind him and listens to the goings-ons. He nods to Gogsmol, but adds nothing.

ChefOrc

First Post

"Mr. Gogsmol. You should know that there were large rats in your warehouse, just as you had told us, and that we got rid of them for you. Howerver, we found much more in there ... things that should not have been there."

Borkel pauses a bit to evaluate Gogsmol attitude. He looks at both of his companion for moral support and continues.

"There was a horrible creature in your warehouse, with fangs as long as my fingers and writhing tentacles. That creature is now dead, at our hands, but it probably was the cause of another surprise: we found a dead human body."

Borkel pauses once more, expecting Gogsmol to either be completely surprised by the revelation, or try to deny a dark secret he was aware of (as this conversation goes along, Borkel will make a sense motive check sense motive 15 ).

"And I should add that one of your employees, Lul, was critically injured during the fight with the creature, but our good friend Eddy used his divine powers to heal him. He is now out of danger. Your other employee, however, has run away in a most inapropriate moment, and we would definitely like to have a discussion with him".

Borkel holds the information about Bru having potentially stolen something, both because he is not fully aware of what happened, and because he does not want to make accusations to quickly.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Gogsmol doesn't seem too surprised by the news about the body in the warehouse. At that point he says, "And was that something on that body?"

But he lets Borkel continue his tale. When he finishes, Gogsmol asks, "So where is the body now? Was there anything on it? Remember that everything in the warehouse IS MINE." He says emphatically.

ChefOrc

First Post

"The body is still in the warehouse, Mr. Gogsmol. We have made sure to cover it so that it is protected from vermin, but may I suggest that you take charge of providing a proper burial? I do not know what spiritual community you belong to, but I am sure that you will understand the importance of respecting the deceased."

Having said that, Borkel looks at Tumna and Eddy, expecting one of them to take over the explanations. Borkel feels really unconfortable with the theft and now has a very negative impression that Gogsmol is in fact hiding very dark things from them concerning the loot.

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy steps confidently forward and says in a no-nonsense voice, "We put the body in a box. We do have some respect for the dead, you know. However, since we do not know this town, we weren't sure where to take the body, so, as Borkel has implied, we left it in the warehouse for you to properly dispose of in whatever way is your local belief and custom." His tone changes a bit and he continues, "Now, to the topic of this other creature. I understand that we were not contracted to kill it, but as it was as much a threat to your inventory (and personnel) as the rats I don't think it is absurd to receive a reward for it. Being that it was a greater threat than the six rats, I'd say 60 gold would be reasonable, on top of the 60 for the rats. Probably easiest to just settle up now, assuming you've got that much on you."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Sure, you can keep both of the stinking corpses in the warehouse, sweetie," Tumna lashes at Gogsmol as the man starts getting more demanding than employing. "Should there have been something on the body? If our job was to retrieve that something, I would've liked to know of such things. In fact, I don't much like it when my employment turns out to be something it wasn't supposed to..."
The telepath glares at Gogsmol.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads