D&D General Ravenloft, horror, & safety tools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remathilis

Legend
I am just speaking frankly. And I think reading my language or my argument as a cypher for my politics is a really insulting thing. People can be liberal, not conservative, not right wing, and think safety tools are a dumb idea
Again, I'm pointing out how your argument uses similar language (true sufferers vs liars abusing the system) to reach a similar point (the potential for abuse is greater than any value the system provides). I'm not arguing you have a certain political outlook (I actually knew your outlook from other threads) but I wanted to point out what your argument sounds like to those who find value in the system.

Again, I'm pointing out how your argument uses similar language (true sufferers vs liars abusing the system) to reach a similar point (the potential for abuse is greater than any value the system provides). I'm not arguing you have a certain political outlook (I actually knew your outlook from other threads) but I wanted to point out what your argument sounds like to those who find value in the system.

Well these are very different things

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
That they need to fill in the accompanying blank?
There isn't one attached to that entry.
Then give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM where you identify the problem and suggest how it could be improved instead of just crapping on it and not providing any fixes
It's not perfect, but can do better?
If only that were true
your giving a lot of credit to the idea that bob can talk about it to my face or that I know him well enough to delve for answers. Using @Disgruntled Hobbit 's example bob can say "I was almost paralyzed but it worked out " & still don't know to avoid the wagon chase I described down there. Writing words on a sheet of paper is a lot less stressful & on the spot than trying to say them while someone is looking you in the eye & that's part of the reason so many of those checklists in communities that give weight to these things often prompt the person filling them out to write things
or the continuation of that
You may not have realized it when you proved my point of expecting to place the entire responsibility on the GM being unreasonable when you posted that and made a good case for why bob needs an explain box to write bad car crash almost paralyzed spent months in a wheelchair because that's two more touchy subjects I wouldn't even suspect with a possible third mentions of spines to avoid based on "paralysis/physical restraint". I may not have even planned for the group to hop in a wagon already horsed up & go on a chase trying to flee from /catch a monster or whatever, but I know a pretty freaking important sounding complication to avoid risking when people start rolling ones on their land vehicle checks in hat completely unplanned organic situation. With the sheet in the OP I need to go confront bob face to face looking for answers so he's going to feel put on the spot talking about issues you yourself said might be big issues he's uncomfortable with. If I'm taking notes so I have a reference six months from now when I want to double check that microscope is going to feel even more uncomfortable for bob
Or even the time I gave 18 example questions , explained the kinds of problems they address, & talked about how other communities that actually take these kinds of checklists serious show how badly these fail

And the DM is responsible for what happens at the table. They decide when to call for rolls and the result of said rolls. They're not a robot. If things are going to cross a line then they can change the narrative.
The GM can't be responsible for what they don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases