Ravnica Table of Contents & More

Thank you.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
There are plenty of unique locations in Ravnica. Guild HQ, various districts holy places of the various guilds, military academies, places where magic is taught. The 10th district is getting a detailed map. Tons of locations are in the 10th district, Zonuts, libraries, guildhalls, run down areas, Guildgates, Wojek Centre Forte, and more, and I think the Guildhalls get maps too. Plus rubble belts will likely get a call out in the Gruul section. Old Ravnica is discussed. They might mention the shocklands, I don't know.

Seriously look at the wiki and Ravnica cards for locations that might appear in the book. Plus we might get new ones too. There are six wards basically mentioned + Old Ravnica.

The book has 24 pages on tge world. Considering there might be email maps and art there will not be many locations.

Rossbert

Explorer
Yes, if you dislike the guilds this is not the setting for you.

Just like Dark Sun is not for people who dislike psionics and you have to like an age of sail/spacefaring style game for Spelljammer. If you dislike magitech and dragonmarks Eberron doesn't have much unique for you.

If you dislike the core concept of a setting I absolutely don't recommend you play it. My brother can't play Eclipse Phase at all because he struggles with transhumanism.

The City of Guilds created and regulated by the Guildpact of the Guildmasters is very much about guilds, if you don't want to engage with it to some degree you probably will be happier with some other setting. Fortunately there is decades of material for several settings for D&D and dozens to hundreds of premade settings if you are open to adapting from other RPGs, many of them would require minimal conversion as a bonus.

gyor

Legend

Just like Dark Sun is not for people who dislike psionics and you have to like an age of sail/spacefaring style game for Spelljammer. If you dislike magitech and dragonmarks Eberron doesn't have much unique for you.

If you dislike the core concept of a setting I absolutely don't recommend you play it. My brother can't play Eclipse Phase at all because he struggles with transhumanism.

The City of Guilds created and regulated by the Guildpact of the Guildmasters is very much about guilds, if you don't want to engage with it to some degree you probably will be happier with some other setting. Fortunately there is decades of material for several settings for D&D and dozens to hundreds of premade settings if you are open to adapting from other RPGs, many of them would require minimal conversion as a bonus.

Honestly I don't understand the hate some people have for transhumanism.

gyor

Legend
The book has 24 pages on tge world. Considering there might be email maps and art there will not be many locations.

They are detailing a single district in a single city, not the whole world. So a lot of locations can be covered. Guildhalls, Zonots, temples, important government buildings. All six precincts in the district get covered. Now each individual location will likely only get a paragraph at most, some only a sentence, but I expect 20 to 60 locations will get mentioned in the book.

gyor

Legend
Guilds, guilds and guilds. It is gonna grow old fast.

Tell the to MtG fans who can't get enough of Ravnica.

Still I would be cool if they eventually explore more regions of Ravnica, maybe explore regional variants of guilds, areas where the guilds hold less sway, none guild organizations and maybe preguild pact Ravnica.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

They spend 24 pages on the main megacity District. The Guilds, which they spend huge amounts of space on, are the world for narrative purposes.

But, hey, different stroke for different folks: this may not be the book for you.

Kramodlog

Dark Sun and Spelljammer aren't comparable to Eberron. Yes Eberron is magitech and dragonmarks, but it is so much more. Those can be ignored and you can focus on the Inspired or Xendrik or the Lords of Dust, etc. Eberron has multiple facets. Dark Sun not so much althought they did try to change that with the 2nd box and some supplements.

Ravnica is even less multi-facetted than Dark Sun. It just has the guilds. And those are easy to make. I'm surprised that those who say they do not need campaign info cause they can invent it want pre-made guilds.

Kramodlog

They are detailing a single district in a single city, not the whole world. So a lot of locations can be covered. Guildhalls, Zonots, temples, important government buildings. All six precincts in the district get covered. Now each individual location will likely only get a paragraph at most, some only a sentence, but I expect 20 to 60 locations will get mentioned in the book.

That is even less sensical. It like buying the Old Grey Box and having only Suzail described.

Kramodlog

Tell the to MtG fans who can't get enough of Ravnica.

Still I would be cool if they eventually explore more regions of Ravnica, maybe explore regional variants of guilds, areas where the guilds hold less sway, none guild organizations and maybe preguild pact Ravnica.

They won't. Settings get one book now. I'd be surprised it get even one AP.

Kramodlog

They spend 24 pages on the main megacity District. The Guilds, which they spend huge amounts of space on, are the world for narrative purposes.

But, hey, different stroke for different folks: this may not be the book for you.

It isn't a book for anyone needs. In previous iterations of the game it wouldn't have been well recieved. But now people are starved for content, and will accepte anything. Even those who say they do not need content cause they can make it up (why buy it if you can come up with guilds yourself? ).

Remove ads

Remove ads