D&D 5E RAW: Can druids wear studded leather?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I think:

Do you go to the tanner or the blacksmith for your armor. If the tanner then it's not made of metal. If the blacksmith then it's made of metal.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
The blacksmith must make the rivets.

Doesn't matter. We are determining if it's a metal armor. Not if metal is contained in the armor. So the question stands, would you go to the tanner looking for studded leather or the blacksmith? If the answer is the tanner then it's not a metal armor. If the answer is the blacksmith then it's metal as he's the only metal worker around.

Doesn't matter. We are determining if it's a metal armor. Not if metal is contained in the armor. So the question stands, would you go to the tanner looking for studded leather or the blacksmith? If the answer is the tanner then it's not a metal armor. If the answer is the blacksmith then it's metal as he's the only metal worker around.
Gotta agree with Frog on this. Given that their is room for debate, this is as good if not better than any other criteria.

ad_hoc

(they/them)

I wouldn't go to a tanner for any armour.

The tanner makes leather, not armour.

There isn't just leather in the armour either. There is padding, leather, buckles and such, and a lot of metal.

Remember, they are 'close-set' - we're not talking about a few. It's essentially metal armour with holes in it. The blacksmith is going to be putting in a lot of work towards that armour to create that many rivets.

S'mon

Legend

Neither, you would go to the Armourer!

Iry

Hero
Pedantry has a purpose at times. But being pointlessly pedantic is a sin and a crime and if it isn't then it ought to be.
You're a smooooth criminal. :devil:

Remove ads