D&D 5E Ray Winninger mentions third project!

WotC's Ray Winninger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September.

A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year.

Yes, WILD BEYOND THE WITCHLIGHT is the [Chris Perkins] story product I referenced in our dev blog. STRIXHAVEN is [Amanda Hamon's] project. We have not yet announced [James Wyatt's] project, which releases between WITCHLIGHT and STRIXHAVEN.

Why did we announce STRIXHAVEN so early? Pretty simple--there was no way to release the STRIX-related Unearthed Arcana without letting the cat out of the bag.

You'll learn a lot more about all of these products at D&D Live on G4, July 16 and 17. And yes, there is still a little surprise or two ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Didn't Wyatt work on the Draconomicon?

Not sure about planescape. They released Ravnica, which from what I understand has some conceptual overlap with Sigil and I'm not sure they'll want to either a) go all in on great wheel cosmology based on alignment or b) go with a new cosmology and alienate current fans. Maybe a plane hopping adventure one day (a rewrite of dead gods or tales from the infinite staircase?). I could be projecting, as I love ps but can't imagine it without diterlizzi's art.
The 3e one, yes.

Actually, I think something like "Ashardalon's Treasure Horde" is probably the safest bet for the October book - a book of draconic monsters, draconic character options, and new treasures to put in Dragon hordes. Based on the Draconic UAs of course. :)

ChaosOS

Legend
Re: Asian themed fantasy. I personally expect a visit to the MTG plane of Tarkir (EDIT: also page for original timeline) is far more likely than a revival of Kara Tur - a revival that changes lots of things risks angering fans of the original, but if you don't change enough then WotC will (rightly) be criticized for keeping too many racist stereotypes. I'm not saying it's impossible to make a product that pleases both, but compared to doing a Tarkir book - a plane that was overall well received and already has tons of art - seems way risky.
Note: While Tarkir has dragon themes and involved James Wyatt, I doubt it's the presumably October release since it would be another MTG book. A dragon-oriented MM4 makes a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Has someone actually confirmed that the race UA was for Strixhaven?
Owlfolk, on the cover of the book.

But that's exactly my point here: they put out a Strixhaven Race test, and people are still questioning that after they announce the Strixhaven book. The Subclasses were too obvious.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases