D&D 5E Ray Winninger mentions third project!

WotC's Ray Winniger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September. A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year. Yes...

WotC's Ray Winninger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September.

A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year.

Yes, WILD BEYOND THE WITCHLIGHT is the [Chris Perkins] story product I referenced in our dev blog. STRIXHAVEN is [Amanda Hamon's] project. We have not yet announced [James Wyatt's] project, which releases between WITCHLIGHT and STRIXHAVEN.

Why did we announce STRIXHAVEN so early? Pretty simple--there was no way to release the STRIX-related Unearthed Arcana without letting the cat out of the bag.

You'll learn a lot more about all of these products at D&D Live on G4, July 16 and 17. And yes, there is still a little surprise or two ahead.

When somebody tells me "here this is politically incorrect" my reaction is the surprise. I can't understand how something could be rude or unpolite when we are too used for acid humor. Isn't it double standard. In my land we can't imagine that can offensive. Here for example a market to promote Asian product can use the title "Week of Orient" and nobody complain about that. A Spanish surname is "Japon" because Christians Japaneses in the XVII century kept in Spanish-speaker land after a visit by the Japanese ambassador.

Of course we should ask advice, but Asians should understand a D&D "isekai/xuanhuan" could be good to introduce Asian fiction into the Western market. This means if they help to promote a republishing of Kara-Tur, then selling manga, manghwa and manhwa for Western readers will be easier.

---

If Planescape is going to come back....why not previous UA about "planar" subclasses and PC races? But we shouldn't reject totally the idea. Maybe it is a module, or an adventures compilation about the planes.

Dragonlance is very possible in this or the next year, but I wouls say the bets is the line as a multimedia franchise. Maybe the updated compilation of the modules, with some optional retcons if you wish some more inclusive changes. Maybe Paramount has offered a deal to produce an animated serie for the streaming service Paramount+.

The gem dragons will have to appear in some place, but not in Dragonlance. Then we should be opened-mind about something like the Draconomicon.

Last edited:

I still
When somebody tells me "here this is politically incorrect" my reaction is the surprise. I can't understand how something could be rude or unpolite when we are too used for acid humor. Isn't it double standard. In my land we can't imagine that can offensive. Here for example a market to promote Asian product can use the title "Week of Orient" and nobody complain about that. A Spanish surname is "Japon" because Christians Japaneses in the XVII century kept in Spanish-speaker land after a visit by the Japanese ambassador.

Of course we should ask advice, but Asians should understand a D&D "isekai/xuanhuan" could be good to introduce Asian fiction into the Western market. This means if they help to promote a republishing of Kara-Tur, then selling manga, manghwa and manhwa for Western readers will be easier.

---

If Planescape is going to come back....why not previous UA about "planar" subclasses and PC races? But we shouldn't reject totally the idea. Maybe it is a module, or an adventures compilation about the planes.

Dragonlance is very possible in this or the next year, but I wouls say the bets is the line as a multimedia franchise. Maybe the updated compilation of the modules, with some optional retcons if you wish some more inclusive changes. Maybe Paramount has offered a deal to produce an animated serie for the streaming service Paramount+.

The gem dragons will have to appear in some place, but not in Dragonlance. Then we should be opened-mind about something like the Draconomicon.

I still think it's going to be a FR setting book, but I've made my peace with the fact that everyone thinks I'm crazy for that.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
They all seem like MtG options, but we will know soon. You again demonstrate the point.
The hobgoblin was nothing like MtG hobgoblins, rabbitfolk aren't a MtG thing, owlfolk were just the Hsiao concept reinvented (Owlfolk from Basic) and fairies are a fairly wide concept. Plus, being called, y'know, Folk of the Feywild. They're for the big Feywild book.

Anywho, agreeing on the folks thinking this is going to be the home for the dragon themeed UA stuff and the gem dragons. Fits in

owlfolk were just the Hsiao concept reinvented (Owlfolk from Basic)
Owlfolk predate Basic. They are in The Silver Chair (1953) for example. Hasiao are really obscure. I've played Basic and still hadn't heard of them until recently. Owlfolk as a concept are not.

rabbitfolk aren't a MtG thing,
They aren't a D&D thing either. However MtG does have a longer track record of anthropomorphic animals than D&D does.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads