Re-recruiting for d20 Apocalypse game, now in progress

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Regarding colors in use, perhaps I made a mistake. I think Janice has been using purple. Not sure what happened. Anyway, Janice has purple now. Sorry for the confusion.

Graybeard

Explorer
I present Brian Demere, med school student.

[sblock=Brian Demere]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Brian Demere
[B]Class:[/B] Smart 1/Dedicated 2
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium 
[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Str:[/B] 11 +0 ( 3p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 15 (3d6+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] 
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] 17         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 

[B]Base  Armor  Def   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Defense:[/B]         10    +0    +2    +2    +0    +0    +0    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                  2    +1    +2    +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                   0    +2          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                  3    +1          +4

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
   Knife                      +1     1d4+0     19-20

[B]Reputation:[B] +2
[B]Languages:[/B] English, Spanish

[B]Talents:[/B] Savant-Pharmaceutical, Empathy

[B]Feats:[/B] Great Fortitude, Brawl, Medical Expert, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Surgery

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 58       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                      Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Computer Use                 2     +2          +4
Concentration                1     +1          +2
Craft Chemical               2     +2          +4
Craft Pharmaceutical         4     +2    +3    +9
Diplomacy                    2     +0    +2    +4
Knowledge
 Behavioral Sciences         2     +2    +1    +5
 Civics                      1     +2          +3
 Current Events              3     +2          +5 
 Earth & Life Sciences       5     +2    +1    +8
 History                     1     +2          +3
 Physical Sciences           2     +2          +4
 Popular Culture             3     +2          +5
 Technology                  4     +2          +6
Listen                       5     +1          +6
Research                     2     +2    +1    +5
Search                       1     +2          +3
Sense Motive                 5     +1          +6
Spot                         2     +1          +3
Survival                     1     +1          +2
Treat Injury                 5     +1    +2    +8

Knowledge Earth & Life Sciences (5+ ranks) gives +2 on Survival checks above ground   

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
 Cellphone                           .5 lb
 First Aid Supplies                  10 lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B] 11 lb      [B]Money:[/B] 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift     Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]             38   76    115   115/230   575

[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Height:[/B] 5'11"
[B]Weight:[/B] 175lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Lt Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Light
Appearance:

Background: Brian was born and raised in Fort Myers, Florida. Growing up, the media was proliferated with stories about which celebrity had what cosmetic surgery, who had collagen injections, and more.
He decided at an early age that he wanted to become a renown cosmetic surgeon in California where he would work on famous people and earn millions of dollars. After graduating from the University of Florida,
he was accepted into the prestigious school of Loyola University in Chicago, Il. Life was pretty good for Brian in Chicago where he balanced school and fun. During his 2 years there, he has made many contacts
in the medical field. One fateful day in November, all that changed.
[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Additional background information for Brian:

[sblock=Additional info]
Brian Demere
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 175lb
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Blue

Oak Forest, November, 2020

Brian woke up hurting all over. It seemed his entire body was in pain. He had never felt that way before after a night of serious drinking. He had spent the day before at the Oak Forest Hospital observing Dr. Kingman making her rounds. Afterwards, he had gone out with some other students to a local club to relax. He had no idea where he was now or how he had gotten here.
He struggled to stand, finding it odd that his legs were uncooperative. After a few tries, he succeed. He tried walking to the bathroom but tripped over something, causing more pain. Why was his vision sp blurry? How much did he have to drink last night? He carefully made his way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, he was stunned to see what his face looked like. He had bruises and multiple contusions all over it. He felt his body, searching for broken bones. Fortunately, he found none.

He began to look at himself as his vision began to clear. His clothes were torn in several places and he had cuts and bruises all over his body.

What the hell happened, he wondered.

He opened the medicine cabinet and retrieved the meager first aid supplies inside. He stripped off his clothes and patched his cuts as best he could. As he stepped out of the bathroom he noticed how the apartment looked. Windows were blown in, debris was scattered everywhere, it looked like a bomb had gone off inside. He borrowed some clothes from the owner of the apartment and walked downstairs and outside. He was greeted by streams of people fleeing in panic any way they could. Building were smashed, vehicles overturned and crushed, bodies littered the roads and sidewalks, and more. In a daze, he stopped one of the many fleeing residents.

“What happened?”

Their response chilled him to the bone. An atomic blast, they had replied. It looked like it had been centered in Chicago, they added.

Realizing that staying here would be a poor choice, he joined the throngs of people heading south, away from Chicago. Along the way he spotted hundreds of looters scavenging food, clothing, and whatever else they could carry. He recalled a pharmacy nearby and headed in that direction. Once there, he saw dozens of looters grabbing prescription drugs, baby food, and anything they could carry. Forcing his way through the people, he went directly to the first aid aisle. He found a couple of tote bags and stuffed them with pain killers, antibiotics, bandages, and other things he thought would be important. He also managed to grab a few small food items and a couple of bottles of water.

Continuing onwards with the rest of the fleeing crowds, he listened as the people described what they had seen, how electronics no longer worked, and vehicles of all types were now useless.

What would they all do and where will they go? What other cities have been nuked? Who did this and why? These, and dozens of other questions ran through his mind as he walked south with the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of other refugees.
[/sblock]

Felix1459

First Post
So I changed him to level six but I noticed a mistake and also a change in feats I'd like to make. Since I know you like to be notified before we edit I'd like to clear them with you first. First the mistake: I calculated the damage taken against his HP without his con bonus added (52 instead of 58) so I'd like to change that to the right HP. Second: I'd like to eliminate the improved initiative feat and take point blank shot instead. Then instead of taking point blank shot at level three I'll take shot on the run instead.

As for colors. If Janice is purple then I'd like to take blue.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
My preferences for editing mostly apply to the IC thread. I don't like to read one thing then find out later because I wasn't warned that it was edited, especially when it pertains to dice rolls. The changes you made sound fine. Post a properly formatted sheet and I'll look it over.

Graybeard, your character looks good. I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb, but it looks good enough for you to post to the RG.

I've already introduced Elway. I'm probably going to try to get the other three new players introduced as a group. There will be a common conflict a bit down the road that will bring you all together. Benjamin, Michael, and Brian will be traveling together as a group. You guys might want to discuss how you got together and how you got to Manteno. Perhaps one of you has family there or something similar and you got together shortly after the blast for mutual support.

Felix1459

First Post
Okay. Submitted for your approval. Hope it doesn't take too long for the other characters to get up and approved so we can all join in the fun.

I'm going to assume that Michael probably saw Brian carrying the first aid kit and struck up a conversation with him and suggested they stick together, or vice-versa. Don't know what type of character Benjamin is but perhaps he joined the pair to make it a trio, after all there's safety in numbers.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Okay. Submitted for your approval. Hope it doesn't take too long for the other characters to get up and approved so we can all join in the fun.

I'm going to assume that Michael probably saw Brian carrying the first aid kit and struck up a conversation with him and suggested they stick together, or vice-versa. Don't know what type of character Benjamin is but perhaps he joined the pair to make it a trio, after all there's safety in numbers.

It looks like your character is starting in Chicago unless I misread your sheet. Brian is a little farther south from there in Oak Forest. Since you were in a car, perhaps you made it farther south before all heck broke loose. Brian began his evacuation a little later than most of the people since he was sleeping off a hangover. It is possible that they met along the road somewhere in/near Oak Forest. Just a thought as we will need to see about Benjamin and where we can coordinate the three of them.

Felix1459

First Post
Graybeard said:
It looks like your character is starting in Chicago unless I misread your sheet. Brian is a little farther south from there in Oak Forest. Since you were in a car, perhaps you made it farther south before all heck broke loose. Brian began his evacuation a little later than most of the people since he was sleeping off a hangover. It is possible that they met along the road somewhere in/near Oak Forest. Just a thought as we will need to see about Benjamin and where we can coordinate the three of them.

Well easily explainable. He robbed a bank in/ near Chicago and then made his getaway towards the south. He easily lost the cops chasing him since he knew the streets. Of course once he got further south (towards Oak Forest) when the car gets spotted by the local cops who just happened to be in the right place. The blast goes off affecting the chase as previously mentioned and the Michael just starts making his way south. Along his travels he bumps into Brian trying to get some help since he's hurt and Brian has a medical kit but Brian treats others who are worse off so Michael sticks with Brian to try to get healed eventually. Brian probaby assumes Michael is a cop from seeing the badge and Michael knows cop talk from
His adoptive father so he goes along with it.

Sound okay?

Remove ads