Re-recruiting for d20 Apocalypse game, now in progress

airwalkrr

Adventurer
If I don't hear from fireinthedust soon I will introduce the two of you as a pair. I'm thinking perhaps Manteno is the location of a safehouse where Michael was planning to hide out after the heist. He suggested that he and Brian head there since he "knows some people." And from there you can bump into the group somehow.

Felix1459

First Post
airwalkrr said:
If I don't hear from fireinthedust soon I will introduce the two of you as a pair. I'm thinking perhaps Manteno is the location of a safehouse where Michael was planning to hide out after the heist. He suggested that he and Brian head there since he "knows some people." And from there you can bump into the group somehow.

Sounds good to me. Ready whenever you deem it so.

strawhat

First Post
I am submitting my character, for if someone backs out or as a replacement later.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]Brigadier General Duke Washington
[B]Class:[/B] Dedicated
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Occupation:[/B] Military

[B]Str:[/B] 11 +0 (+1@8th)(-2age)(04p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 9        [B]XP:[/B]36000
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (-2age)(04p.)             [B]BAB:[/B] +6/+1      [B]HP:[/B] 21/36
[B]Con:[/B] 09 -1 (-2age)(03p.)             [B]Grapple:[/B] +1    [b]AP:[/b]9
[B]Int:[/B] 13 +1 (+2age)(03p.)             [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      
[B]Wis:[/B] 19 +4 (+1@4th)(+2age)(10p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +0       
[B]Cha:[/B] 11 +0 (+2age)(01p.)             [B]ACP:[/B] -2         

[B]Base  Equip Def   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]         10    +3    +5    +0    +0    +0    +0    15
[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 18

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                  4    +0          +4
[B]Ref:[/B]                   3    +0          +3
[B]Will:[/B]                  4    +4          +8

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Fist                        +6/+1     1d4       20-20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] English, Arabic, Spanish

[B]Talents:[/B] Empathy, Skill Emphasis, Aware, Intuition, Cool under pressure

[B]Feats:[/B] 
1stlvl: Personal Firearm Proficency, Point Blank Shot
1st Bonus:Advanced Firearm Proficency, 
3rdlvl:Combat Martial Arts
2nd Bonus:Blind-Fight 
6thlvl:Quick Draw
3rd Bonus:Far Shot
4th Bonus:Track
9thlvl:Drive-By Attack

[B]Skill Points:[/B] XX       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 12/6
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Drive                        12    +0          +12
Knowledge(tatics)            12    +1    +1    +14
Sense Motive                 12    +4    +3    +19
Spot                         12    +4    +4    +20
Survival                     12    +4          +16
Speak Language                1    +0          +1
Listen                       11    +4    +4    +19

[B]Equipment:                DC    Weight[/B]
Backpack                     10     3lb
Binoculars                   7      2lb
Road Atlas                   4      1lb
Fatigue Jacket               7      2lb
Undercover                   14     3lb 
Water and rations     

[B]Total Weight:[/B]8lb 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]             38    76   115   230   460

[B]Age:[/B] 61
[B]Height:[/B] 6'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 148lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Salt and Pepper
[B]Skin:[/B] Tanned
Appearance:
[sblock]
rv-eastwood_0496391213.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Background: His father being a Colonel druing WWII and Korea. His mother left when he was young, unable to take all the moving, Duke grew up wanting to be like his old man. As a military child, Duke moved from state to state and base to base. Apon graduating high school, he enrolled at West Point. While he wasn't the toughest, Duke loved being in the field and was an inspirational commander and exceptional tactician.
Graduating in the top 10% of his class, Duke was sent to where their was combat. Duke served in the Gulf War, Somalia, Afganistan(Where he learned arabic) and Iraq. In 1995, he fell in love with Julia, a woman whom he would marry a year later. A year after, his son Michael was born and the three moved from base to base. In 2001, he was called back to duty in Afghanistan and later to Iraq.
At 56, Duke was promoted to Brigadier General. A year later, he took a desk job in running a Military Base in the US. Taking vacation often to see his family. A week ago, he retired and was returning home to his wife, who lives in Chicago. He was a day away when the bomb fell, and his vechicle was disabled. Close on hand was a sporting goods store, so he picked up a few supplies and started walking, refusing to believe his family was dead.[/sblock]
I want to use the color Red

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Unless I hear from fireinthedust by tomorrow, I'll post an intro for Michael and Brian. In that event I will accept one of the alternates.

Since we already have one celebrity (Michael aka Nestor Carbonell), I see no reason why Clint Eastwood can't join us too. An army general would complement the group well I think. As long as we don't have any cheesy movie/TV references.

Felix1459

First Post
airwalkrr said:
Unless I hear from fireinthedust by tomorrow, I'll post an intro for Michael and Brian. In that event I will accept one of the alternates.

Since we already have one celebrity (Michael aka Nestor Carbonell), I see no reason why Clint Eastwood can't join us too. An army general would complement the group well I think. As long as we don't have any cheesy movie/TV references.

If I do any it will be by pure accidental luck since I know him from the Tick, which I don't see any of those lines sneaking in or from smokin' aces in which I think he had two lines and was an international assassin and from one episode of lost I caught way back or the series finale (missed seasons three through current).

So like I said, if there's a cheesy reference or movie line thrown in it won't be on purpose. He's just a guy that in my mind at least could pass as white as long as he didn't bust out into spanish.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay I have not heard from fireinthedust in a good while. Strawhat, you're in. How reasonable do you guys think it might be to have all Michael, Duke, and Brian together? I think it would make it easiest on my trying to introduce you.

One thing I want to comment on is the emotional aspect. A couple of your characters at least are likely to have some emotional attachments in Colorado. While expressing this is realistic, I just want you guys to remember one thing, one of the things that separates heroes from the rabble is how they respond to a crisis. Heroes take action in spite of losses, perhaps they are even spurred on by them. All your characters are heroes (maybe Michael is a bit of an anti-hero, but the concept holds). Just keep that in mind.

strawhat

First Post
I think its reasonable, even if he wouldn't like them, Duke knows he getting old and in a situation like this, traveling with others is safer.

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
I think it would make sense for them to be traveling together. Also the reason Michael was committing all those crimes was to free his father. More than likely his father died in the explosion songis reason for committing those crimes is gone. This situation however dire is the perfect opportunity for him to become a better man and his actions from here on out may redeem him and cause him to become a hero. But that's just a thought.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Alright, I've got the current group in an auto-parts store in Manteno. Let's say for one reason or another (or maybe multiple reasons) the other group needs to get to the auto-parts store as well. It could be something as simple as needing batteries and the other places you've been to are out. So Duke, Michael and Brian enter the auto-parts store looking for (whatever) and run into Francisco, Janice and Elway. Once they are all inside, any reason for you guys to get band together will work. I'm sure one of you can come up with something. I'd rather not use the psychic impression device again though. That will quickly become trite if I do.

Remove ads