• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

re: rich baker's dark sun chat on 12/14

Wik

First Post
My god. I actually sort of like how they did defiling. And I figured they were going to make Thri-Kreen a bit weaker than 2e's kreen anyway... though I expected Kreen to have a bite as a minor action attack (sort of like Dragonborn's breath weapon) that can be improved through feats.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Thri kreen nerfage? Yes, with weak itty-bitty arms that cannot wield weapons and bite removed.

At some point in the past, they kinda nerfed the two arms anyway. Looks like some of the coolness of the thri-kreen will be represented with a racial paragon path.

Defiling vs. preserving? All arcane are default preservers with a defiling at-will ability useable only on daily powers.

I'm glad it isn't taint.

Spelljammer 4e? Rumblings . . . maybe . . .

Woo-hoo!

Now, if we could get some confirmation on Dragonlance.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Very interesting - i really think that the 4e rules could be the best ever for playing DS. I´d just reread my old box and stuff like "at level 6 you know how to build siege equipment" gave me the willies. And that defiling table...

I just hope stuff like water / metal scarcity, survival etc. is all reflected in the CS. And please, let them drop the "one psionic talent for everybody" stuff.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I always liked that Druids could smell a defiler - and defilers could go to druids for atonement. I wonder if that will be in; it isn't hard to implement more RP issues with defiling.

Hellzon

First Post
Divine?Boom, gone. These are not the leaders you are looking for. Go look at warlords, bards, and ardents. (unsaid . . . and shamans?)
Spelljammer 4e? Rumblings . . . maybe . . .

Three is a magic number, he probably just picked the first he came up with. He also left out the Artificer, but there might be good reason for that (steampunk Athas probably isn't the default).
Yay for Spelljammer!

And please, let them drop the "one psionic talent for everybody" stuff.

You'd figure just encouraging multiclassing to psion/ardent/battlemind would go a long way without giving everyone a free power.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Actually i don´t hate the idea that there is a CS where everybody and their uncle have some sort of special power. I just don´t like the "here, this existing crunchy bit - which we totally didn´t design for this - let´s stick this into every character created in this world" thingy. If they design a proper spellscar-like system for giving everybody a power and making that power useful and flavorful = good.
"Everybody gets a 1st level spell with fixed CL for free" = suck.

Remove ads