Reach weapons and big creatures.

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
Hypersmurf said:
Except that longswords deal slashing damage, and a halfling with a 3E shortsword dealt piercing damage.

A halfling with a 3.5 Small longsword deals slashing damage, just like a 'normal' longsword.

So because your friends are making up random tables that don't exist in the books, and those random tables cause problems, the books are wrong?

-Hyp.

Oh now come on Hyp, that sounds a little peevish. I admitted you were right and you still have to get in the last word, that doesn't suit you. I admitted that you werer ight on the table issue and then continued with an example of an opinion, not an attack on books. I don't doubt that you know the rules backwards and forwards, but like most rule lawyers, sometimes you come across and looking down your nose. We are all friends here and have something to contribute. I was stating an opinion. I think that the weapon size rules are a detriment to the game, you feel they aren't. That's fine. I respect you and your opinion even if you don't mine sometimes. I have always found you knowledgeable and your posts interesting to read, even if they are sometimes down the nose (not always by far, however).

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Actually, there is a roll for weapon size in 3.5.

Armor and Weapon Sizes: Armor and weapons that are found at random have a 30% chance of being Small (01–30), a 60% chance of being Medium (31–90), and a 10% chance of being any other size (91–100).

Also, I can't seem to find it; but IIRC there is a variant rule about Weapon Equivalency that would fulfill the original poster's needs quite well.

Ciao
Dave

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
ElectricDragon said:
Actually, there is a roll for weapon size in 3.5.

Also, I can't seem to find it; but IIRC there is a variant rule about Weapon Equivalency that would fulfill the original poster's needs quite well.

Ciao
Dave

Thanks, that was what I thought, just like they did similar things in 3.0 in the description but since I didn't have the book in front of me I wasn't sure and could possibly been wrong.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
RangerWickett said:
How far should a colossal whip go?

Well, first step it to determine the range of a Large whip.

The weapon description in the PHB specifies "a weapon with 15-foot reach"... but the ranseur, for example, states "so you can strike foes 10 feet away". The text, then, obviously refers to a Small or Medium ranseur; thus, it's reasonable to assume that the whip described is also a Small or Medium whip.

So, it would appear that considering the whip a 'triple natural reach' weapon is also reasonable, meaning an Ogre with an appropriately-sized (Large) whip would reach 30'.

And so, a Colossal (Long) creature would use a Colossal whip to reach 60', and a Colossal (Tall) creature would use a Colossal whip to reach 90'.

I guess.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kaleon Moonshae said:
Thanks, that was what I thought, just like they did similar things in 3.0 in the description but since I didn't have the book in front of me I wasn't sure and could possibly been wrong.

Well, there you go.

Of the seven Core PC races, five are Medium (71%) and two are small (29%). So if anything, 30% of found weapons being Small advantages Small races by 1%, and 60% of found weapons being Medium disadvantages Medium races by 11%.

Damned greedy shorties!

-Hyp.

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
Hypersmurf said:
Well, there you go.

Of the seven Core PC races, five are Medium (71%) and two are small (29%). So if anything, 30% of found weapons being Small advantages Small races by 1%, and 60% of found weapons being Medium disadvantages Medium races by 11%.

Damned greedy shorties!

-Hyp.

Leave it to you, lol, to point out a 1% advantage;P No hard feelings btw, I might get annoyed sometimes but I still think you're a damn good rules lawyer and enjoy your posts.

Remove ads