• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Readying Maneuvers

pbd

First Post
I just got BoNS and I gotta say, NICE! It looks like it will really make melee types (besides melee cleric) viable at higher levels; not to mention just more interesting all around.

Anyhoo, I have a quick question: Is is possible to ready the same maneuver more than once per day?

Maybe I missed something, but the description didn't seems to mention either way.

pbd

First Post
Follow up: How do you find the base class(es) in play?

I'm probably going to multiclass a cleric 6 to Warblade.

Arkhandus

First Post
You can only ready each maneuver once at a time, but you can ready that maneuver any number of times per day; though there's little need to since your readied maneuvers refresh after each combat, and you only need a short bit of time to ready a different set of maneuvers (10 minutes IIRC).

Multiclassing into a martial adept class works fine. When you do that, your initiator level for maneuvers is equal to 1/2 your other class levels + your full level in whatever martial adept class you just took; so a cleric 6/warblade 1 is a 4th-level initiator, immediately capable of learning maneuvers and stances up to 2nd-level, though his/her number of maneuvers and stances known is based on their Warblade level, not their initiator level. If you later increased your cleric level to 8th, that would yield another +1 to initiator level (though 7th-level cleric would not, unless you also dipped 1 level into something else beforehand).

Going Warblade/Crusader or somesuch would result in two separate initiator levels; a Cleric 6/Warblade 3/Crusader 1 would count as a 6th-level initiator for using Warblade maneuvers/stances (and for determining what ones they could learn), while counting as a 5th-level initiator for using Crusader maneuvers/stances and determining what ones they could learn as a Crusader (one more level in any class, in that case, would improve both effective initiator levels by 1).

Remove ads