Real Thieves Loose at GenCon

Wystan

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
Dang!

More premeditated theft :\

Well, next year Alex will be at the GenCon with his old pappy, but he's much more likely to want to hang out with other ENies :lol: I'll recommend just that to him.

Cheers,
Gary

I might even get to be there next year (wife is talking about using our vacation money to go to GenCon...)

Xath

Moder-gator
I once had my entire MtG and Star Trek CCG collections stolen at church. That's when I learned, if they'll steal at church, they'll steal anywhere.

Sorry your friend lost his entire collection. That really sucks.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
I do believe that the loss of CCG cards at church is the most aggreious report given :uhoh:

What Henry notes is worth remembering:

"The larger the group, the less personal it is, and the more likely the theft."

"Small, portable, valuable == prime candidate for theft."

My light-fingered game personas need to remember that as well...

Joking is better than cursing or weeping ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Ulrick

First Post
I heard that at a GenCon about 10 years ago Games Workshop decided to do the battle of Minas Tirith or Helm's Deep. They built this HUGE setup and had thousands of minis participating in the battle which lasted all weekend. However, as the weekend progressed, bits and pieces of the walls were stolen. So that by the end of GenCon, there was hardly anything left of Helm's Deep (or Minas Tirith).

Is this true???

I had my wallet stolen the last year GenCon was in Milwaukee, and this year I was eating at The RAM Friday night about 11:00 and our beer came in plastic cups, our waitress explained that in 2 days they had 2 coolers full of beer mugs stolen and so had resorted to serving beer in plastic cups.

kiznit

Explorer
Sorry to hear that, GG. I had a few panics this year myself (thought I lost my coat in True Dungeon and thought I lost my boarding pass at the airport - but both I myself had simply misplaced), but yeah, still, always a good idea to be aware of your personal sorroundings in a crowd and what's going on - But it's just so hard when you're having so much fun!

Rel's right - The ENworlders totally watched my back! I was taking my bookbag everywhere, and I was having so much fun that I was constantly forgetting it - only to find some trusty ENner making sure I got it.

Thanks guys, you rock!

Last edited:

Remove ads