Really great dice?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I favor my Koplow toxic green dice (tube dice set)

I also like the tiny d6 in the 1.5 inch tube, 35 dice in that tube, my fireball dice. :D

The Madhatter

First Post
IMC, three of us have the small dwarven stones made or agate, hematite, and a toothpaste colored stone. We've found that the d20s aren't exactly balanced. On the colgates, the 19 comes up 12.1% of the time and the 2 around 11%. I think the new metal ones are much better balanced.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Eccles said:
(Especially 'coz I'm the sort of rotten DM who likes to roll in the open, and big dice make it a lot easier to read).

I hear you, I loooove big dice.

I bought a d20 the size of a baseball, damn thing would crack a glass table
and is noisy and rolls for s :eek: t, but damn if it doresn't intimidate people.

For the TRUE dice waving competition. ;)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
My local shop (Games Plus RULEZ!) offers a discount at certain amounts of purchasing so I sometimes pick up a die or two to even things out and get me over the top for the next discount.

Painfully

First Post
Gamescience makes "truer" dice, meaning that they are more random than many of the other brands. That, at least, has been how they sell their dice, and I know several of my Chessex d20's have tendencies to land on certain numbers more than others. Nevertheless, I like the variety and colors of many of the Chessex dice.

The jumbo dice are nice if you need to make a statement, but most of the time they are just bigger, louder, and still just a d20. If you have room for it, then by all means, roll'em if you've got'em. :cool:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I like both Chessex and Gamescience dice. I have a lot more Chessex dice, but they are a lot more easily obtained 'round here.

The Auld Grump, and yeah, the Gamescience dice are like a step back in time...

random user

First Post
I really like the d6 Crystal Dice from Crystal Caste (at least I assume that's what I like... to be honest I was at Gencon a couple years ago and came upon a booth. The picture looks like the dice I have, so I'm assuming it's the same).

I have some d10's (and I thought I had a d20 but I must have lost it) too and they are just "ok." The d6's I really love though.

http://crystalcaste.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=CD

has some pictures of the dice.

Last edited:

Remove ads