• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend me an adventure

needle75

First Post
Sorry thread lost the thread in all the excitement since the playtest came out. Thanks for all the replies.

I'm coming to the end of my first home brewish (slightly cack-handed, very noobish) campaign. It's been a lot of fun. I'm handing over DM duties to one of the other players whose going to be running Pyramid of Shadows (because it's the one he has).

I have a few ideas for the next campaign i want to run involving piracy, dragons, dinosaurs and cannibal gnomes.

the Jester

Legend
I'm handing over DM duties to one of the other players whose going to be running Pyramid of Shadows (because it's the one he has).

Fair warning- PoS is, well, a PoS. :) It's a total railroad, absolutely linear and very boring IMHO- the worst of the 4e modules that I own.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
(snip) I'm handing over DM duties to one of the other players whose going to be running Pyramid of Shadows (because it's the one he has). (snip)

I'll echo [MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION] here and also state that PoS is a PoS. It's possibly the worst of the Orcus series - and, yes, there are some other challengers for that brown crown - but this one is so utterly frustrating that I rank it the worst.

I just hope your other player is an exceptional DM who "knows when to hold 'em, and knows when to fold 'em" because otherwise this is the sort of adventure that can destroy a gaming group and/or turn them off 4E for life.

(snip) On a sidebar, I think that most of the complaints against 4e are really complaints about how many WotC-published 4e adventures were designed. The good 4e adventures are REALLY REALLY GOOD. (snip)

So true.

It's a lesson I hope WotC heed for the next iteration of D&D. Even if you believe that adventures don't sell, don't publish utter crap for your adventures because of the risk it will turn people off the game.

needle75

First Post
the other player is an excellent DM, he's using PoS coz he dosen't have the time to make up his own. I need a break from DMing for a while anyway. It's something i've wanted to do for years. 4e is the only system that i've known well enough to attempt running a campaign.

really loooking forward to 5e, 4e has too many niggling little annoyances to run a full roleplaying campaign.

Remove ads