• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Bug Hunters

mariusm

Explorer
Get your gun loaded!

Roll for stats using 2d6+6 assigning the 6 rolls as you see fit.
All characters will start at 3rd level... getting max hp for first level and then rolling for other levels.
Any cross training that the characters qualify for can be taken.
All troopers have the standard equipment listed but on missions requsitions can be made.

Posts will be made once a day, if you don't post your character will be inactive for that round... I have found this best to keep things going.
XP will be awarded per encounter and dice rolls will be made by me.

Please post your characters in this thread and tomorrow we will start with the first mission...

Cromm10k

First Post
Should we use a dice roller like invisiblecastle to generate the stats?

Edit:

Ok, here my stats rolls:

abilitiy scores (2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=17, 2d6+6=13, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=14)

A couple of questions:

- can we use the M.I. Light Trooper/Infantry Trooper as base classes? If yes I would go for three levels of Light Trooper and then multiclassing into Tracer. If not I'll start with 2 levels strong hero/1 tracer or 3 fast hero...
- Equipment: what is defined as "standard equipment"? The stuff from the Mongoose site? If not, which Progress Level will we use? 6? 7?
- I assume that max. skill ranks are 3+character level?

Edit II:

The M.I. classes don't have hit dice...

Last edited:

mariusm

Explorer
Sorry if I was unclear.

MI get their consitution score hp at first level and 2 hp per level after that...
The final build needs to be level 3 characters so it might be 2 levels MI and then one cross trained or 3 levels MI...

The "standard equipment" was listed in the game book as the following for a MI private.

Weapon Type Damage Crit. Range/Spaces Burst RoF Mag. Size Weight
Combat Knife Close 1d4 19 – 20 20 ft./4 — — — Small 1 lb.
Brunham TW-102-s ‘Peacemaker’ Pistol Pistol 2d6 20 50 ft./10 — S 15 Small 3 lb.
Morita TW-203-a Rifl e 2d8 20 125 ft./25 Y S, A 30 Large 7 lb.

Standard Armour Table
Armour Defence Bonus Max. Dex Speed Weight
M-1A4 Power Suit +9 +4 30 ft. 190 lb.

Standard Equipment Table
Item Size Weight
Combat Belt Tiny 2 lb.
Lizard Line Tiny 3 lb.

PS: If there are more than 4 characters that is also fine... sorry about the formating, I am still trying to get that sorted out.

Shayuri

First Post
Nifty!

All joking aside, are psychics allowed? In the first movie, it was implied psychics wind up as officer material...though other sources seem to indicate psychics can be ground pounders too.

Perhaps as latent abilities that develop during the game?

Remove ads