• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Bug Hunters

Cromm10k

First Post
mariusm said:
MI get their consitution score hp at first level and 2 hp per level after that...
I am aware of this. So no con bonus for 2nd... lvl of M.I.? And what if I multiclass in Tracer, which has a d8? With my build of M.I. Light Trooper/Tracer 3/1 I will get con score + 2 + 1d8+con bonus as HPs for the Tracer levels? Strange but it will work.

Here my character:

Cyrill Kowaltzki

M.I. Light Trooper 3

Str 14 +2
Dex 17 +3
Con 15 +2
Int 15 +2
Wis 13 +1
Cha 11

HPs: 17 BaB/Grapple: 3/5

Melee: +5
Ranged +6

Saves:
Fort: 4= 2(base)+2(con)
Ref: 6= 3(base)+3(dex)
Will: 2= 1(base)+1(wis)

AC: 19 = 10 +4(armor) +3(Dex) +2(Defense Bonus) [using the M-1F2 'Raider' Suit]
f-f: 16 touch:15
Speed: 30 ft.
Initiative: 5=3(Dex)+2(Ambition)

Skills: (total=rank+ability)

Acrobatics 9=6+3
Athletics 8=6+2
Computer Use 7=5+2
Investigation 8=6+2
Knowl. (streetwise) 8=6+2
Knowl. (tactics) 8=6+2
Perception 7=6+1
Persuasion 3=3+0
Stealth 9=6+3
Survival 7=6+1
[Total of 60 skill points;36 for lvl1, 18 for lvl 2+3; 6 from "prior experience"]

Feats:Advanced Firearms Prof., Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Simple Firearms Prof., Track.

Class features:

Prior Experience: White Collar (skills: Investigation, Knowl. (Streetwise) & Persuasion)
Accelerated Training -> simple firearms prof.
Ambition-> +2 Init.
Bonus Feat -> precise shot
Fearless: warrior bug
Advanced Firearms Prof.

Equipment:
Combat Knife
Brunham TW-102-s 'Peacemaker' Pistole
Morita TW-203-a
M-1F2 'Raider' Suit (which armor prof. do I need for this one? Light?)
M-2 Tactical Helmet (?)
Combat Belt
Lizard Line

More questions:

- Do we need armor profs.?
- What about ammo?
- What about a sniperrifle? I'm fine with the Morita but for the future...
- The weapon prof. feat chain from the Starship Troopers stuff is different then the one from D20Modern, right? Which do we use?

EDIT: changed the HPs, my skillpoints are correct after my math.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
here are my stats i'll post my charecter asap

well i cant find my srd, so i'll go with the light trooper for the moment.

Str 16 +3
Dex 18 +4
Con 16 +3
Int 14 +2
Wis 12 +1
Cha 12 +1

HP 18

AC 20 10+4+4+2

Initiative 10 +4dex+2ambition+4I.I.

B.A. +3
Grapple +6

Melee +6
Ranged +7

Saves
[sblock]
Fort 5=3+2
Ref 7=4+3
Will 2=1+1
[/sblock]

Skills
[sblock]
Acrobatics 10=6+4
Athletics 9=6+3
Computer Use 8=6+2
Demolisions 6=4+2
Drive 10=6+4
Knowledge(Tactics) 6=5+2
Perception 7=6+1
Repair 6=4+2
Stealth 10=6+4
Survival 7=6+1
Technical(mechanical) 6=4+2

60 total (54 from class, 6 from prior exp)
[/sblock]

Feats
[sblock]
Point-Blank shot (1st level)
Precise shot (1st level)
quick draw (2nd Bonus)
Improved Initiative (3rd level)
[/sblock]

Class Features
[sblock]
Prior Exp(Blue Collar:demolitions, repair, Technical(mechanic))
Ambition
Accelerated Traning
Advanced Firearms Prof
Fearless (tanker)
[/sblock]

Equipment
[sblock]
Weapon Type Damage Crit. Range/Spaces Burst RoF Mag. Size Weight
Combat Knife Close 1d4 19-20 20 ft./4 — — — Small 1 lb.
Brunham TW-102-s Pistol Pistol 2d6 20 50 ft./10 — S 15 Small 3 lb.
Morita TW-203-a Rifle 2d8 20 125 ft./25 Y S,A 30 Large 7 lb.

Armour Defence Bonus Max. Dex Speed Weight
M-1F2 'Raider' Suit +4 +4 30 ft. 20lb
M-2 Tactical Helm - - 30 ft. 4lb

Standard Equipment

Combat Belt Tiny 2 lb.
Lizard Line Tiny 3 lb.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mariusm

Explorer
Shayuri said:
Nifty!

All joking aside, are psychics allowed? In the first movie, it was implied psychics wind up as officer material...though other sources seem to indicate psychics can be ground pounders too.

Perhaps as latent abilities that develop during the game?

That's fine with me. Later this morning I am going to post the background and first mission details for the team, the Omega Pathfinders!

PS: I am a newbie to the Starship Troopers RPG but familiar with other campaign worlds so if I miss something or make a mistake please forgive me.

JonnyFive

First Post
Cromm10k said:
Skills: (total=rank+ability)

Acrobatics 9=6+3
Athletics 8=6+2
Computer Use 7=5+2
Investigation 8=6+2
Knowl. (streetwise) 8=6+2
Knowl. (tactics) 8=6+2
Perception 7=6+1
Persuasion 3=3+0
Stealth 9=6+3
Survival 7=6+1
[Total of 60 skill points;36 for lvl1, 18 for lvl 2+3; 6 from "prior experience"]

hey cromm, yer skillpoints are a bit jacked up. after the PE, yer skills have class maxranks, but they cost crossclass points. by my math you come up with 65 points. also, unless the gm changed the rule, LI get only 1hp per level, not 2. please let me know if i'm wrong on any of thies points :p thanks

Cromm10k

First Post
I edited my character for the HPs. But after my math I only used 60 skillpoints. And I paid for Investigation and Knowl. streetwise double after 1st lvl.

@Jonny: there is the standard M.I. Trooper in the "Serving the
federation" pdf.

JonnyFive

First Post
yea i know, but without the weapons i want to spec in, there is no point innot using the light trooper

ahh i see. i was counting only the PE skills could be used as reg points for the classes, but you can use first level points for em as well. interesting wording they have though

mariusm

Explorer
Mission One.

Background: The Omega Pathfinders are a Roughneck Squad that have been involved with the war with the Arachnids since the start. They are called upon to do various special
needs missions required by the federation. The Omega Pathfinders have had a high attrition rate due to the dangerous missions they are sent one and currently there are
a few veterans and a few new recruits that make up the squad. Currently there was a resurgence in the encounters with Arachnids on the planet Fomalhaut where there was limited colonisation manning a maintenance and refuelling station. SCION sent the Pathfinders to investigate the launch station on the planets surface and found everything to be in order.

Current Mission: The Pathfinders have just completed a successful sweep of the launch station on Fomalhaut in the Orbits Jokul system. They were on their way back up to the orbiting platform, Fomalhaus, when they received a distress call... a transport returning to the launch station from an outlying colony was clipped by a plasma blast and went down hard. The Pathfinders, being the closest military unit, must locate the downed transport and secure a landing zone until a dropship can arrive in 30 minutes from the Fomalhaus. The mission will start with your slingshot drop ship touching down near the viking landing boat.

OCC: Once I have updated the characters on my side I will post to indicate that the thread will move to the game forum and we can get started.

Cromm10k

First Post
Do we have a command structure (I don't know if this is the right word)? We need a squad leader or something similar.

"Patience young Padawan!"

I'm just to eager to start... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads