• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Bug Hunters

Skrittiblak

First Post
Character in progress...

Carl Svenson

Rolls here.

Class: Fast 2 / Strong 1
Occupation: Athlete (Climb, Jump, Tumble & bonus feat is Brawl).

Ability Scores
STR: 16
DEX: 18
CON: 16
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 11

Saves
Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +1

Talents
Increased Speed (+5)
Melee Smash (+1)

Feats
Brawl (occupational)
Personal Firearms Proficiency (1)
Light Armour Proficiency (2)
Defensive Martial Arts (fast)
Street Fighting (3)

Last edited:

Skrittiblak

First Post
Are we using d20 Modern armour proficiency rules?

If so I think I'm the only one to have invested a feat in Light Armour Proficiency - and none of us can equip the powered armour yet because it requires at least 3 feats.

Or is this kind of free?

Cromm10k

First Post
Skrittiblak said:
Are we using d20 Modern armour proficiency rules?

I asked that when I did my character. You can't get any armor profs with the M.I. Light Trooper, not even light. I asked about it but no answer yet...
I think there are several inconsistencies between D20 Modern und Starship Troopers. At least when you only use the SRD and Mongoose pdfs. What does the Sabotage skill for example? Can't find it in the SRD.

mariusm

Explorer
The MI trooper get some stuff from basic training...

Basic Training: In addition to the two feats all characters receive at 1st level, a Mobile
Infantry trooper begins play with the Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Power Suit Proficiency and Simple Firearms Proficiency feats.

So it is better to create a character using Starship Trooper rules than Modern or Future SRD since you basically get the Power Suite Proficiency for free.

mariusm

Explorer
Hit the deck... or should you start running?

Ok it looks like there are three takers, the rest of the squad will be NPC's. I will be posting now in the game thread. If there are small changes still needed to the characters then we can do that as we go along.

Good luck troopers!

Cromm10k

First Post
Thanks Sir!

...but Jonny's and my character are light troopers, so no power suit prof.. I think it's up to the DM to decide if we need a feat for the Raider Suit.

Shayuri

First Post
Agh! Um...I hope I'm not too late. If so, maybe I can pop in later...

Are there rules/limitations/etc in Starship Troopers canon regarding psionics, or shall I just mix in a level of Psion or Psionic Warrior with the Light Infantry levels?

I was kinda hoping for more feedback on that subject before I started bashing numbers. :)

That said, I'll get a sheet up and running by tonight, if I'm still eligible.

mariusm

Explorer
Cromm10k said:
...but Jonny's and my character are light troopers, so no power suit prof.. I think it's up to the DM to decide if we need a feat for the Raider Suit.

Sorry... I could not find the "Light Trooper" in the main rulebook but it was in one of the web pdf's, you won't need a prof for the armour since the MI's get theirs for free.

Thanks,
Marius.

Last edited:

mariusm

Explorer
Cromm10k said:
What's the blast radius of the HE-Grenade? To throw what do I have t do? Ranged touch attack on the square? Ranged attack?

Blast radius of 15', Ranged attack on a specific cell which has a defense of 10. If the cell is hit then a random roll is made to see which corner it lands but if the cell is missed then a random roll is made to see where is lands. Each range increment of 40' attracts a -2 on the attack roll.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads