Recruiting Closed: MLeibrock's and Scotley's Wrath of the Righteous mid level game.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gimme a few levels and Vakeva will threaten with his bow. In the meantime, he'll threaten even with bow in hand, as he's "always armed." And he ain't skeered to get to melee range, as he'll not provoke even with the bow armed.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah good deal.

Hm! To rogue/ranger or to ranger...that is the question.

Ranger loses sneak attack, but has better static bonuses and more flexible feats...

I'm kinda leaning ranger. But I will still happily flank with you!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'd like to talk about coffee.

I want my character to drink coffee, and would like for him to carry a coffee pot and bags of ground coffee. The book lists weight for a brewed cup of coffee, but doesn't give any measure for how many cups you can brew from a pound of ground beans. Even as strong as I make my coffee in RL ('melt the spoon' strong), I get around 40 coffee mugs from a pound of coffee. That's 80 cups, if you count those dainty little coffee/teacups as a 'cup.' Does that sound OK to our estimable GMs?

(Yeah, I know . . . it's a lot of trouble for a character quirk that's pretty much meaningless in terms of game mechanics. But it's the little things that bring me pleasure :p).

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Ah good deal.

Hm! To rogue/ranger or to ranger...that is the question.

Ranger loses sneak attack, but has better static bonuses and more flexible feats...

I'm kinda leaning ranger. But I will still happily flank with you!

Taking off my GM's cap for a moment and speaking as a fellow player, I'd say that collection of tanks and artillery you are adventuring with is going to be seriously lacking in some useful skills...

Scotley

Hero
I'd like to talk about coffee.

I want my character to drink coffee, and would like for him to carry a coffee pot and bags of ground coffee. The book lists weight for a brewed cup of coffee, but doesn't give any measure for how many cups you can brew from a pound of ground beans. Even as strong as I make my coffee in RL ('melt the spoon' strong), I get around 40 coffee mugs from a pound of coffee. That's 80 cups, if you count those dainty little coffee/teacups as a 'cup.' Does that sound OK to our estimable GMs?

(Yeah, I know . . . it's a lot of trouble for a character quirk that's pretty much meaningless in terms of game mechanics. But it's the little things that bring me pleasure :p).

Yeah, given that modern 'pounds' of coffee are only 12 ounces and that 'cups' are only about 5 or 6, I thinkk 50 dwarf flagon servings is a reasonable amount per game pound.

Oh, and I have found a truly wonderful coffee to bring to Lakecon this year. It is called La Golondrina which translates to english as 'the swallow.'

Hey, what's this ground coffee stuff. He's a monk. Shouldn't he smash the beans with the bare hands against a rock or something for maximum freshness?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Scotley, thanks for the tip.

My current plan is to use a ranger with the Urban Ranger and Skirmisher archetypes. This means I'd have Disable Device and Trapfinding, and a handful of fun little tricks instead of spells. Hopefully that, combined with the rest of the ranger list, will help patch some of those holes.

No social skills to speak of (a little Intimidate), but since my Charisma is pretty poor, that would be a waste on me anyway. Hopefully we'll have a Charismatic sort as well. :)

mleibrock

First Post
Already insulting the GM's Dewar?

Hmm, that's gonna cost ya. :)

color me wanting to join! however a couple of things:

"and mature enough"
Will I qualify? or am I too goofy? [hush leif]

"The GM’s: @mleibrock and Scotley working co-operatively."
I think co-conspirators is more apprappoe.

I will have to read up on mythic rules.

mleibrock

First Post
Nice. I totally think your Monk should grind that stuff with his bare hands every morning. We might even be generous if he does that.

Looking forward to "our" brew of your coffee, Scotley. Mike can have his mud.

Yeah, given that modern 'pounds' of coffee are only 12 ounces and that 'cups' are only about 5 or 6, I thinkk 50 dwarf flagon servings is a reasonable amount per game pound.

Oh, and I have found a truly wonderful coffee to bring to Lakecon this year. It is called La Golondrina which translates to english as 'the swallow.'

Hey, what's this ground coffee stuff. He's a monk. Shouldn't he smash the beans with the bare hands against a rock or something for maximum freshness?

Remove ads