• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting Closed: MLeibrock's and Scotley's Wrath of the Righteous mid level game.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vakeva Kiihko ('Keva)

Dwarf Monk (Zen Archer) 6/Champion 1

[sblock=Character Pic]Updated w/ Beard!

VakevaKiihko_zps1155f4a4.png
[/sblock]

Traits: Grounded, Spark of Creation, Stolen Fury

+1 Holy Adaptive Composite Longbow (Crafted, 9215 GP)

Brief History
- Vakeva Kiihko ('Keva to his Friends)
- Born in Lastwall
- Age 50 to 83: Fought the Belkzen Hordes
- Age 84 to 108: Wilderness Sabbatical, learning to be a Priest (Monk) of Erastil, live off the land, and make his own bows
- Age 108 to 253: Guided Adventurers and Worldwound Refugees through the wilderness of Ustalav and Belkzen to Lastwall
- Age 253: Captured by Demons on the Ustalav/Worldwound border and subjected to torture (Stolen Fury Campaign Trait)
- Age 253 to 256: Escaped from Demons, made his way across the Worldwound to Mendev.

After he'd spent over 30 years fighting the Orcs in Lastwall, Vakeva found himself growing more and more world-weary and cynical. He left the crusades against the orcs and went into self-imposed isolation in the wilderness. There he eventually felt called to the service of Erastil. He spent the next 20 years (or so) coming to peace with himself, learning to live off the land, and growing his connection to 'Old Deadeye.'

When he was ready to reenter the world, Erastil's calling led him to serve against evil in a different way - by providing aid to those too weak to fight, showing them to safety, and fighting where he could.

~~~~~~~

In his ascenscion, 'Keva was blessed with renewed vigor. After 169 years of service to his God, he was growing old and frail. When he was captured and tortured, it took it's toll on his already battered body.

The fall into the bowels of the earth from Kenabres and the subsequent escape of the group almost did him in . . . But Erastil saw fit to bless 'Keva with renewed vigor, and charged him with the mission to fight the invasion.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I'm also interested but I'm in the same game of this series that Mowgli and Shayuri are playing. How's the group for this shaping up so far?

ML and I had a pool going on when you'd show up. :) I think I owe him a silver.
What Mowgli said. Shayuri was leaning toward urban ranger at last post.
Tailspinner voiced interest in a Cleric.
The Zen Archer, Paladin and 'Marine' are all well on their way to complete.

Scotley

Hero
Looks like so far we've got a couple of artillery (Zen Archer Monk and a Heavy Repeating Crossbow wielding Fighter), a tank (Paladin) and a . . . not sure what Shayuri's going to settle on, but I am sure it will be cool.

Following up on Kaodi's question about a custom Efficient Quiver, could I also have one of those built? 'Keva's got no need for the chambers that hold javelins, etc., and only needs to hold one bow size object. Can I get his customized to hold a bow and a butt-ton of arrows? And if so, how many arrows/bolt clips in a butt-ton?

On efficient quivers. You can use the javelin slot to hold another 60 arrows. So that one is easy. You can uput extra bows, staves, etc. in with your bow.

Kaodi's marine has a more complex situation. Those clips are obviously bulky. and a heavy reapeing crossbow is pretty big as well. We settled on a quiver having room for a loaded crossbow and 15 spare clips. That's 80 bolts. You could squeeze a couple items, like spear, stave etc in as well. You could hang a few wxtra clips from armor straps, clips etc. if you want to get a few more on board.

Oh, and some of those bolts/arrows should be tipped with cold iron. It is less important with the holy bow, but the investment is small.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Coolness. 'Keva is carrying regular, Cold Iron & Blunt Silver arrows (blunt to get around the -1 damage). He may load some extras in his backpack to replenish the stock in his quiver, too. Can't have too many, and I haven't managed to figure a way to afford the endless ammo quality for his bow :).

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, I'm revising my concept a bit. Not just because of alignment, but because my original was a Natural Weapon combat style with claws...and as I read I see claws are a poor choice for fighting demons due to the difficulty of defeating demonic damage resistance with natural weapons. I could rely on Align Weapon spells...but that would put a burden on our cleric, and would threaten moments when I was quite a bit less effective than normal...

So I can still be a skill monkey of some stripe, or an arcanist. It's just that I'm an arcanist in the other game, so I thought I'd leave it open this time.

But if no one else -wants- it... :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If someone does play an arcanist I'm thinking of investing in a Pearl of Power and an Extend MetaMagic Rod, if that person wouldn't mind casting a daily Mage Armor for me?

Scotley

Hero
Coolness. 'Keva is carrying regular, Cold Iron & Blunt Silver arrows (blunt to get around the -1 damage). He may load some extras in his backpack to replenish the stock in his quiver, too. Can't have too many, and I haven't managed to figure a way to afford the endless ammo quality for his bow :).

A small bag of holding is good for 1660 arrows or even more bolts.

Of course we might occasionally make a roll to see if one of them has punctured the bag and spilled all the arrows into the astral plane...

Kaodi

Hero
I missed that we get a third trait. I will have to decide on one. Way back when I originally statted up this concept (a lawful neutral level 1 fighter) he had rich parents as his second trait, so that he could afford the bow and armour he wanted from the beginning. Seeing as we *start* with 16000 that might not be optimal though, hehehe... I will have to see if I can find another suitable bow or anti-demon traits.

Also, the bit about cold iron is well noted. I had already thought about that, though I may have forgotten it soon after.

Remove ads