• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting] [GURPS 4e] [TL9] Another World Within

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Full book does indeed include more example talents than lite, I will also allow you to make your own talent groups but I'm going to have final say on if they fit or not.

Shayuri, I'm gonna start the game in media res so if you have briefing type questions probably best to ask them before the game, but lets wait till you have your character made up, or to see if there is anyone else gonna sign up to play. If I can get 4 people, each 25% as active as Shayuri this will be a good game.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee. I think 25% as active as me is clinically dead. :)

Jemal, that's pretty good! And you have some points left over for extra sauce as well. A kind of maintenance/engineer guy with an eye for the ladies. Nice!

Darwin, I'll have something for you later today, I think.

Jemal

Adventurer
The Talent: Artificer says it covers Armoury, Electronics Repair, Engineer, Mechanic, and "others" in gurps lite. Not sure what Others means, but I was wondering if I could have say a version that gives Mathematics & Natural Sciences as the 'others'?

Also, a few questions regarding Money/wealth/gear : you said wealth is less useful and debt is worth 0 pts.
Lite rules do not refer to 'debt' but do note struggling, poor, and broke as wealth options, is that the 'debt' you meant?
Secondly it states that we should spend about 80% of our wealth on home, etc. I get the feeling that as a 'lost/survival' game, we likely wont see our home much.
Also there's the question of how much of our wealth survives this (presumably catastrophic) opening event.
the book says 30K at TL 9 (modified by wealth level)
How much should we buy our 'on-ship'gear out of? Should it represent what we have 'before' or 'after' the event? Will the event alter our gear list?

I'm basically wondering if we're going to loose/gain gear very near the start and if we should be spending time making a very detailed gear list or not?

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
For the talent let me give me some though, the first ones feel more practical, those feel more theory, Do vs. Think. I'll think on it.

That is not the debt I was referring to, the debt rules is not in the lite rules.

For your other questions.
[sblock="Spoiler Zone"]
Highway to the Spoiler Zoneeeee

You would be right in assuming that you won't be seeing your home much. My recommendation would be to purchase everything before, and keep a detailed gear list. There may be loss of gear, but that risk is not as high as the risk of not having shopping opportunities.

I'm disallowing things like debt because it would be a way for you to cheat, but on the flip side I'm letting you guys know these things so as to not cheat you, I don't want you buying a house that you'll never use. Same as why I require any allies or dependents to be on the ship, don't want to cheat you.

But remember it's gotta fit into the weight requirement for the ship.

Ride into the Spoiler Zone!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Artificer is the talent of being a gearhead, basically...it means you're good with machines, schematics, and so on. If it were my call, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, while being useful for that pursuit, isn't really part of that Talent. The cost of a Talent is pretty explicitly based on the number of skills it covers. Adding more skills would commensurately increase the cost of the Talent. :)

As for gear...I was already planning on spending it all, cuz weapons and armor get expensive. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
speaking of weight you said "All players get 600lbs on the ship. This includes themselves, their gear and a remaining 2 months food (254 lbs), and 7 gallons of water (56lbs) for the recycler."
the food and water adds to 310 so total gear + my weight has to be 290 or less, correct? ie if I'm 160 I could have 130 pounds of gear.

edit: also are there any other 'sciencey' talents that would deal more with the 'thinky'?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads