[Recruiting] [GURPS 4e] [TL9] Another World Within

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Rank 2 sounds fine for a Sergeant squad leader of 9 people.

As for squad leader vs. techy that's up to you. I don't want to make that desicion for you.

[sblock="Nebula Harvest briefing: Nebula crew only"]

You've been called to some sort of meeting in the mess hall. The first thing you notice is the smell. Cookie has fired up the kitchen and is taking orders, unusual far outside of normal shift meal times. The second thing you notice is even more unusual. The beer tap is unlocked, usually restricted by a high price to keep the supply from running out.

Captain Samantha Turner enters, She's a attractive yet motherly woman in her late 30's enters.

"Get a drink and grab a seat, I'm gonna spell it out clear. Some of you already know, and the rest of you probably heard whispers. For the last 45 days we've been tracking a craft on an intercept course, a few course changes have shown us that it is not blind luck, it is coming at us. It's flying under false transponders telling us it's a Google Crawler, but it's heat signature shows it's bigger, and it's fusion powered. Now that it's in telescopic range I can tell you that it's packing missiles. They haven't answered radio contact so we can only assume they mean to attack us. They've already began the burn to match our velocity, computer says we've got 96 hours. We can't match it for firepower but we're going to hit them with what we got. Corporate has dispatched backup, but as you know they'll get here in time to pick our corpses out of the debris field. If they mean to take the ship, well, if they mean to take the ship corporate says to protect the cargo. But Frell that, you protect yourself. As for the cargo, I'll take care of that, this is my ship, and while I'm hauling that sludge it's my responcibility not yours."

[/sblock]

Jemal, I'll be honest I don't quite know enough to answer the computer questions, my first GURPS game and I've spent all my time studying well, other things.

Raivon

First Post
Still working on my Character but this is what I got so far.
[Sblock=Character]
Gurps Character: Another World Within
*100 pts
ST: 11 (10)
DX: 12 (40)
IQ: 10 (0)
HT: 12 (20)
HP: 11
WILL: 10
PER: 10
FP: 12
Basic Lift: 24
Damage: 1d-1 Thr/1d+1 SW
Basic Speed: 6
Basic Move: 6
Dodge: 9

Skills: 45/45p
Skills*Score/Difficulty*(cost)
IQ skills:
Camouflage 10/E(1)
First Aid 11/E(2)
Search 10/E(1)
Armoury 10/A(2)
Explosives 10/A(2)
Fast-Talk 10/A(2)
Intimidation 11/A(4)
Interrogation 10/A(2)
Lockpicking 10/A(2)
Navigation 9/A(1)
Observation 10/A(2)
Survival 10/A(2)
Tracking 10/A(2)
Traps 9/A(1)
Naturalist 8/H(1)

Dx Skills:
Jumping 12/E(1)
Missile weapon: Rifle 14/E(4)
Climbing 11/A(1)
Melee weapon: Sword 13/A(4)
Stealth 11/A(1)
Acrobatics 11/H(2)
Escape 12/H(4)
Karate 10/H(1)

HT Skills:
Sex Appeal 13/A(4)

Advantages: 35
Acute Senses 1(2), Combat Reflexes(15), High Pain Threshold(10), Hard to Kill 2(4), Appearance: Attractive (4)

Disadvantages/Quirks: -50
Bad Temper(10), Greed(15), Jealousy(10), Sense of Duty: Employer(5), Arachnophobia(5), Overconfidence (5)

70 attributes +45 Skills +35 advantages -50 Disadvantages = 100 Xp

Equipment:
Thrusting Broadsword $600
sw/1d+2 cutting
th/1d+1 Impailing
Weight 3

Assault Carbine $1600
6d piercing
Acc. 4
Range 700/4,000
Rate of fire 15
Shots 50+1 (3)
Bulk -4
Weight 7/1.5
RCL 2
Magazines x10

Leather bustier and skirt
Tailored Reflex Suit (Coverage: torso, groin, 1/2 legs), Normal style, Average cut
Cost mod. - 0.475
Cost $570, Weight 3.8, DR 12/4

Sleeves and Leggings
Tailored Reflex Suit (Coverage: Arms, Legs, 1/2 hands) Diaphanous, Average cut
Cost mod. - 0.2
Cost $240, Weight 1.6, DR 6/2

Assault Boots
Cost $150, Weight 3, DR 12/6

Combat Hard Suit
Cost $10,000, Weight 30, DR 50 Torso/30 Other

Weight total - 63.4, Used - $13,160/$30,000, Left - $16,840
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
I have a few suggestions, just off the cuff.

It's not a bad idea to be well rounded, but it's a good idea to have an area you want to focus on, in character, and try to have skills in the 12-13 range within that area. You have a lot of fairly unrelated skills (armory and explosives, fast talk and intimidation, lots of outdoors skills) which you're paying quite a bit to have at a fairly low level. Nothing against that in the rules, and if that's your concept, run with it. But you will find that it might be better to depend on squadmates for some of the specialized stuff. Explosives for example. We're not going to ask you to disarm or plant dangerous explosives with a skill of 10. :) There'll be a demo expert in the squad with a skill of 13 or 14 we will trust our lives to for that. :)

Also, your inventory is not benefitting from Ultra Tech, which is no fault of your own. I will post some tidbits later when I have a chance to help you with that.

...oh! And any particular reason he's trained with swords? That seems like an unusual choice for a weapon in The Future. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Knives are less points to raise than swords, easier to hide, and at high TL's do comparable damage. :)

I like knives in GURPS. It's a thing.

Besides, knives have a lot of uses besides stabbing things that make them useful survival gear. :)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
So how is everyone doing on their character? Are we about ready?

Anything I can do to help?

Have you given thought to my request for 2 NPCs with story ties to you?

Raivon

First Post
Sorry it's hard to type with a grumpy baby in your arms. I am still working on mine but will get it done asap.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Character]Attributes (80 pts spent) (5 pts leftover)
ST 8 (-20pts)
DX 10 (0pts)
IQ 15 (100pts)
HT 10 (0pts)

HP 8
Will 15
Perception 14
FP 10

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Build 6'0'' 175lbs
Appearance Average
Spanish [native] (6 pts)
Mandarin [native] (6 pts)
English [native] (0 pts)

Advantages (20pts spent)
Empathy (15pts) [+3 to psych, detect lies, fortune-telling]
Eidetic Memore (5pts)

Disads -45

Arachnophobia (-5pts)
Frightens Animals (-10pts)
Laziness (-10pts)
Secret (Imprisonment or Exile): -20

Skills (25pts)

Body Language: 14 (2pts)
Crewman: 16 (2pts)
Gun (Pistol): 13 (8pts)
Hypnotism: 15 (4pts)
Pharmacy (Synthetic): 15 (4pts)
Physician: 15 (4pts)
Poisons: 15 (4pts)
Psychology (Applied): 15 (4pts)
Propaganda: 15 (2pts)
Sociology: 15 (4pts)

Equipment
Cash: 30,000 (starting)

Suitcase Lab [TL9] $3,000 10lbs 4C/10hr LC4
3mm Needler Pistol [TL9] $500 1/0.3lbs LC3
First Aid Kit [TL9] $50 2lbs LC4
Crash Kit [TL9] $200 10lbs LC4
Medical Supplies [TL9] $500 5lbs LC4
Meal Pack (100) [TL9] $200 100lbs
Wireless Neural Interface [TL9] $16,000
Computer Implant [TL9] $6,000
Tiny Computer [TL9] $50 0.05lbs 2A/20hr LC4
A Cell (50): $100 0.25lbs
B Cell (10): $30 0.5lbs
C Cell (10): $100 50lbs
3mmN Ammo (1000): $100 5lbs
Nerve Poison (50): $500 LC0
Sleep Poison (50): $25 LC0
Heavy Flashlight: $20 1lb 2B/24hr

[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Sgt. Michael Jarvis- main reason Miles is aboard the ship. Jarvis has been through alot lately, both personal and career wise. People have noticed that he takes more risks than usual... or needed for that matter. Miles has been treating him for over a year now, and considers him as close to a friend as he has.

Mykel Walsh - aboard the Nebula. He is responsible for the ships communications. Miles doesn't know much about Mykel, except that he has mommy issues and is actually afraid of being in space.[/sblock]

Having a bit of a hard time with equipment. I want to buy a small gun, something simple that would be reasonable for a psychologist to have, so probably the Hold Out pistol. The rest of my gear is pretty much... well idk. I am going through the books but don't get alot of time at one go to sit and go through them. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Remove ads