• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting! In the Service of Cyre [4ed Eberron]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Alts:

If something happens and we need a new PC, I will be giving those of you not picked first dibs on replacing the lost member. I will be sure to PM anyone who might be relevant to filling a spot.

If this game runs long enough, this will happen at some point.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I had a wacky idea and I wanted to run it by players and GM. It's a little weird, so if anyone's uncomfortable with the idea just say so and I'll say no more about it.

Though changelings can assume the shape of either gender, they're not asexual like doppelgangers; they're born one sex or the other. I was thinking perhaps Dev had actually been born female, and that she's secretly nursing a crush on the Prince...an actual relationship would be forbidden of course; the difference in station partly, but mostly due to her duties to prince, crown and Cyre and how such emotions could interfere with them. The Prince may not even know Dev's 'real' form is female.

It'd be a fun RP hook, and has the potential for entertaining 'Cyrano' moments should the Prince ever develop an eye for someone else. :)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=R1]It is a big party for 1 defender to cover, but I much prefer having 2 leaders rather than 2 tanks. I'm concerned about marking though, since fighters can't really do an aoe version of it. I suspect I'll be pouncing on the Big Bad most of the time while our strikers handle the small fry.

Also, I fear that if the prince dies, my kobold in L4W will be next! So...

By your command.[/sblock]

Shayuri: I don't think it's weird at all, but I'm still stuck in the 3.5 mindset where changelings were in fact asexual. Very interesting, with lots of RP potential, so I say go for it. EDIT: Huh, changelings weren't asexual in 3.5 either. My mistake!

Everyone else: very cool submissions all around! Toward the end, I was starting to feel like Kraken-bot was totally outshined by the numerous swordmages with cool backgrounds.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I had a wacky idea and I wanted to run it by players and GM. It's a little weird, so if anyone's uncomfortable with the idea just say so and I'll say no more about it.

Though changelings can assume the shape of either gender, they're not asexual like doppelgangers; they're born one sex or the other. I was thinking perhaps Dev had actually been born female, and that she's secretly nursing a crush on the Prince...an actual relationship would be forbidden of course; the difference in station partly, but mostly due to her duties to prince, crown and Cyre and how such emotions could interfere with them. The Prince may not even know Dev's 'real' form is female.

It'd be a fun RP hook, and has the potential for entertaining 'Cyrano' moments should the Prince ever develop an eye for someone else. :)

I'm cool with it as well Shay. I like the idea personally.

Here is my revised background and slightly adjusted character sheet.

1. Archetype: Cyran Noble

2. Backstory of meeting the group: My mother always wanted the best for me, and throughout my childhood I led a charmed life, but when my father fell in battle 10 years ago, my world was changed. I've spent every moment in the Grand Library studying the tactics of the enemies that brought him down, and every dream I have is a tale of my vengeance. I will make Cyre the one true superpower. This is my destiny. Until then, I will train with the companions I have been assigned, and through diplomacy (or if necessary, force of arms), I will teach the nations of Khorvaire to love, respect, and fear the might of the kingdom of Cyre. I grew up with Prince Oargev, but while he was studying music and arcana, I was studying swords, shields, and battle tactics. We've always been rivals in that aspect, like two halves of the same coin. I'm indeed envious of his station in life, but I respect him for his valuable force of personality. When his time comes, he will make a good king, and I believe I will be the one to deliver him unto the throne.

3. Character description: Only 19 years old, Lieutenant Alaric ir'Drake is a tall young man with fair skin. Alaric constantly gives off an air of superiority and confidence, which often borders on arrogance. However, the Lieutenant is indeed an extremely driven boy. Since childhood, he has trained in the ways of the sword and the art of battle. He is driven to deliver the world unto the kingdom of Cyre, and Alaric indeed believes that it is his destiny to usher Cyre into a golden age of prosperity.

4. Character sheet:
[sblock]Lieutenant Alaric ir'Drake, level 1
Human Warlord
Commanding Presence: Tactical Presence
Background: Ancestral Holdings (+2 to History)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 17 (13 + 3 hide + 1 light shield) Fort: 16 Reflex: 15 Will: 12
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, History +11, Diplomacy +5, Intimidate +5, Heal +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana +3, Bluff +0, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +0, Insight +0, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion +3, Stealth -1, Streetwise +0, Thievery -1

FEATS
Human: Weapon Expertise: Heavy Blades
Level 1: Saving Inspiration

POWERS
Warlord encounter: Inspiring Word
Warlod at-will (human): Viper's Strike
Warlord at-will 1: Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord at-will 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord encounter 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord daily 1: Lead The Attack

ITEMS
Longsword, light shield, hide armor, ID papers w/ portrait, travelling papers, standard adventurer's kit[/sblock]

5. Magic Items:
Lvl 2 Pinning Longsword +1
Lvl 3 Armor of Cleansing - Hide +1
Lvl 4 Deathstalker Longsword +1
Lvl 5 Girdle of The Oxen
Lvl 6 Venom Gloves
Lvl 7 Rushing Cleats
Lvl 8 Flanking Longsword +2
Lvl 9 Armor of Durability - Hide +2
Lvl 10 Cape of The Mountebank +2

6. Paragon Path: Dujun of Erathis

Last edited:

Sorry for the double-post. How about some character backgrounds, yeah?

[sblock=Prince Oargev]You and I grew up together, and have trained together since we were boys. We've shared some fun times and some rivalries, but now it's time to be serious. This war is about our people and our homeland. As my father served yours, I'll be with you to the end, my lord. On my honor, we will succeed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Varis d'Lyandar]I admire your devotion to our homeland, friend. I've never gone much past the borders of Cyre, but our land is indeed a glorious one. I hope you'll find me a fitting leader. By the way, let's try to keep that temper in check, shall we?[/sblock]

[sblock=Thom Trannith]I've heard stories of your family's dedication to our country, fellow patriot. I'm excited to serve with you and to witness your power in action. I've never known anything about magic, myself. I've always preferred the reliability of a heavy sword, you know. As I understand it, you are the most senior adventurer on this journey. Are you sure you'll be able to keep up?[/sblock]

[sblock=Dev]To be honest, Dev, I'm a little surprised you're coming with us. Growing up, I never even realized Reginald and Clarisse were the same person. You know, that ability you have...that's going to come in handy for us. I can feel it. Let's just hope one of those disguises comes with a big sword.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kraken]I'm not so sure how you're going to do it, Kraken. A Warforged that hasn't seen combat? We all have a lot to prove, I think. It'll be a lot of work for you, but by The Host, you'll be a boon to us.[/sblock]

If anyone has a problem or believes I've misinterpreted their character, please let me know or feel free to contradict. I'm extremely excited to get the adventures underway and to interact meaningfully with you all.

@shayuri: that's a great hook. i'm not weirded out either. go for it!

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
And I love all of this you guys are putting together.

I am working on a big info-dump framework for the campaign to give you sometime this weekend, and we'll get started early next week. Keep up the talking about your characters, relationships, and such.

pathfinderq1

First Post
A hearty congratulations for all those selected! And you're going to need it, I think- Cyre is depending on you! (That means I looking forward to lurking along).

Thanks pathfinder! Let's hope you get a shot at an alternate slot or something, or maybe that one of your characters becomes an NPC. After all, Prince O. needs to have some kind of romantic interest, amirite?

Remove ads