• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING - Weapons of the Gods: Bei Clan Tournament

Bront

The man with the probe
Heart-Breaking Blade is a deadly sword style that I think only has 3 techniques. Probably a good fit for someone who went for power of form before others. It mostly involves inflicting massive damage. If used incorrectly, it could lead to a very brutal reputation.

Universal Blow is a flexable style that lets you use fist or a staff. A more brutal style, it is easy to use, and can do things like help you spead up and/or make an additional strike.

Thunder Hammer is a brutal unarmed/blunt weapon style that is similar to universal blow, but is focused a bit more on power of the strikes, and the powers build on themselves more, so it is a bit less flexable.

Lunar Darkness is similar to Universal blow in the first 2 powers (fairly common actualy), but uses the 3 sectioned staff, and has some intriguing defensive powers.

Holy Fire can be used in any artful or brutal attack.

Heavans Thunder is a good sword style that allows for extra attacks or even a mass confidence attack.

Eagle Claw is a hand/palm attack that can be quite deadly. Again, you initaly learn to gain speed and power, and eventualy damage. A little more diverse than Killing Spree

Dragon Sabre is more of a strike quickly and arfully style more than a brutal damage style. It eventualy lets you trip opponents for free while doing massive damage.

Blizzard Fist - Cold based fist attacks, damaging, with some other side efects.

Waves like water requires a hafted or bladed weapon (Staff or sword work), and is a defensive style.

I can go through the Uncommon ones if you need, but this list shoudl help you maybe pick a few. Remember, you can use destiny to by up your attributes or more skills (1 atribute is 5 Destiny, 1 skill is 1 Destiny.)

LogicsFate

First Post
I hope not, though even if this doesn't get off the groud I've had great fun making up characters :D

I'm looking closest to Eagle claw, Holy Fire, and Heart breaking blade,
Dragon Sabre also catches my eye to some extent
Would this skills mesh well?

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, if you mix unarmed and armed, then yes, but you don't always have to. If you want to be focused, you simply choose techniques that tend to favor your prefered weapon (s). Some are usable for multiple weapons though (Like Holy Fire), so they are fairly flexable. Eagle Claw and Holy Fire stack well, Heartbreaking blade and Holy Fire stack well, Feagle Claw and Heartbreaking blade do not stack.

Dragonsabre, being a sword style, works with Heartbreaking blade.

Bront

The man with the probe
Robust helps you recover wounds and makes you easier to heal by doctors.

Fast gives you a bonus to initiative and athletics rolls where raw speed counts.

FYI, Dice mechanics:

Rolling X d 10

You are pairing dice to get your number. The number of dice is the tens digit, the die is the ones digit

So, rolling 5d10, you get 9,7,5,5,3, you rolled a 25 (2 fives).

If you have more than one pair, you may put a number of dice in your River. If you want, you can take dice out of your river (Not till after you put them in, so you can't trade dice in the river). You start with a River of 2.

Example: You roll 4d10 on your athletics roll to flip over an object to get to an opponent, and roll 4,4, 7,7. You can put the 2 4s in the river, and use the 27 roll. Then, you make your attack roll at 6D10, rolling 9,2,4,6,7,7. You can pull our your 4s from the river and get a 34, or just keep the 27, but you may not use the 2 4s in the river and then put the 2 7s back into it.

Modifiers - You use the best modifier of each type, so in rolling initiative, you get 2 +5 bonuses and 1 +10 bonus from your styles, you use only the +10. If you have a +10 due to your weapon, that is an additional +10 to +20 (since it comes for a different source). Keeps dicerolling streamlined, especialy when you could be using 3-4 techniques simultaniously.

LogicsFate

First Post
Let's set, it's 3:20 in the morning and i'm really, really tired, yet I understood all that for some reason... I'm proud of myself, that or I'm hullucinating again

Bront

The man with the probe
LF: Probably

Tonguez: No problems :)

FYI, I'm thinking of limiting this to warriors only (not a problem at the moment) for simplicity, as well as potential plot.

Remove ads