D&D 5E Red Flags For Classes In Sources Beyond The Player's Handbook

That can be summed up with the phrase, "If its so good that just about everyone will want it, it's probably too good."

Huh. I mean, I agree with this, but in my gaming group, Alert has never fallen into that category. In fact, no feat has fallen into that category. In a group of five players, in... *counts on fingers* five 5E campaigns (some complete, some abandoned), I think I've seen Alert taken maybe three times.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Huh. I mean, I agree with this, but in my gaming group, Alert has never fallen into that category. In fact, no feat has fallen into that category. In a group of five players, in... *counts on fingers* five 5E campaigns (some complete, some abandoned), I think I've seen Alert taken maybe three times.

Yeah, it's really hit and miss. As both a player and a DM, I've seen it a bunch of times. Hell, I've had it on two characters that I've played (a Paladin and a Battlemaster Fighter; oh, Rian, death came too swiftly for thee). I didn't ban it until three campaigns ago, when a swashbuckler rogue took it, and the rest of the party went, "Well, [player's name] goes first," with almost slack-jawed sarcasm, whenever we rolled for initiative.

Remove ads