• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen OOC

WakkaWakka

First Post
Bregan is going to be a Scout (the class), isn't he?
If you like it, you could go with the wide path slightly ahead - it's a classical, after all.
Just remember to come back to signal possible troubles - don't be so cocky as to get cooked! :)

Redclaw

First Post
We still haven't seen any sign of Nazhkandrias in here, have we? Hmmm. Let's give it another day or two. You all will be a bit hard-pressed without the bard.

The other character sheets are looking good. Some of you need to finish up purchases (WakkaWakka, you might want some form of melee weapon. :D )

WakkaWakka

First Post
Redclaw said:
We still haven't seen any sign of Nazhkandrias in here, have we? Hmmm. Let's give it another day or two. You all will be a bit hard-pressed without the bard.

The other character sheets are looking good. Some of you need to finish up purchases (WakkaWakka, you might want some form of melee weapon. :D )

There's no need for haste - for me, at least.
Maybe Naz had some after-thanksgiving troubles - it will probably happen to most of us anyway, to lose a couple of days of gaming one way or an other.
And this way I can take my sweet time to buy the arrows :heh:. You've seen the first sheet I came up with - I hate the small accounting details.
Like "take a melee weapon". I should, in retrospect. Probably something blunt, to make up for the pierciness of the arrows... something suitably priestly. A quarterstaff is looking good - and hey, it's free!
I don't know if I'll ever get to swing it - each round I'd rather just shoot or cast a spell, even risking attacks of opportunity - but it will double back as a walking stick.
And for zen moments - what is truth, you ask? look at this staff. What you see? You see a tree that never was?! *SBAM in the face* This is truth. Truth hurts.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I was tempted to get a magical bow, but I forgot that I only had 6,000gp. :) I did think about bringing something to signal the group (the mirror). In some book there is a whistle that sounds like an animal. I was going to buy it but can't seem to find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? lol

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=OnlytheStrong]As promised, here is some detail about the history and first ritual connected to your bow

Hunter’s Shelter
This is a bright and finely crafted shirt of mithral. It was obviously made to minimize the impact on its wearer’s ability to move.
+1 Mithral Shirt, Cost 2,100 gp
Omen- Whoever puts this mithral shirt on notices that it is suddenly covered in a mottled pattern of greens and browns. Nobody else sees this pattern.

History—Thaellian d’Phiarlan, a bearer of the Mark of Shadow, was one of the best hopes his family had for even greater fortunes. Thaellian learned at an exceptionally early age how to sneak and spy. There are stories of him escaping from his nursery and finding his way into his father’s carefully warded study.
His parents, and others in the family, recognized his latent talents and spent many hours debating his future. The truth is, however, they needn’t have bothered. For while ‘Lian had a large share of the family talents, he had very little of the family obedience. As soon as he discovered the freedom offered by the forest and its innumerable places to hide and explore he knew that he would learn its secrets. He spent the next four decades sneaking out of lessons on politics and social graces and escaping into the woods around the family compound.
Eventually, as he neared the age of adulthood, his family members started increasing the pressure they placed upon him, hoping that he would learn maturity and responsibility. All it did, predictably, was drive him even further away, until one day he disappeared for good with little more than a shirt of fine mithril given to him by his father on his last nameday. (DC 15)
Thaellian’s next appearance in most histories was during the Great Purge. He somehow wound up hired by the forces of the Silver Flame to track down were-beasts and other abominations against the purity of the Flame. On one of his first forays, Thaellian unknowingly lead a force of Silver Flame Templars into an ambush created by a band of were-wolves. The templars were wiped out, but Thaellian managed to escape the battle undetected.
Alive, but horrified at the cost of his failure, Thaellian reported back to his superiors in shame. They turned him out, convinced that he was either incompetent or a spy. With newfound determination he returned to the site of the ambush and followed the trail of the lycanthropes until he caught up to them. He then spent the next four months trailing the were-wolves and picking them off one at a time. He somehow managed to stay undetected through all of their efforts to find the source of their mounting losses. They set up elaborate traps for him, but all were in vain. Eventually he found only one set of tracks left, only one member of that original band of lycanthropes left alive. For the first time, Thaellian emerged from hiding and showed himself to his enemy. The were-wolf charged, only to find three silvered arrows buried in his chest and a silversheened sword bared and ready for him. Finally, the templars were avenged. (DC 20; Extended Hunt)

Legacy Rituals
Extended Hunt—You must locate a group of at least four evil humanoids, each with a Challenge Rating no less than one below your own. After sighting them, you must travel to a nearby stronghold of good, then return and hunt down each of the evil creatures. If any of them escapes you, the ritual fails. Cost: 2300gp. Feat Gained: Least Legacy (Hunter’s Shelter)

You have already completed this first ritual and gained the bonus feat. Come up with a suitable story for the hunt and enjoy. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Nice story. I'm excited about unlocking the rest of the powers. I will add the ritual story into his background. I plan on making it being like it was done one level below what he is now. I just have to find suitable creatures lol. I'll spend some time working on it. I want it to be decent.

Redclaw

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Nice story. I'm excited about unlocking the rest of the powers.
I'm glad you like it, and I hope you enjoy the powers I've given it. Of course, we're not likely to keep this going all the way to 20th, so you'll probably never get the last of them. :(

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Quick question: The creatures needed for my legacy must be level 5 each? I was planning on making it like he was level 4 before he did it, for xp reasons. All I can think of are wereboars or weretigers.

Redclaw

First Post
You're not likely to find lycanthropes at this point in Eberron's history. They can be any evil creatures and no less than one CR below yours, so at least 3rd level if you were 4th.

Remove ads