Reign of Fire [2002]

Ryujin

Legend
Our alien invasion game turned into something of a superhero game as players (IIRC) stole alien tech and/or got bio-enhanced after being subject to alien experiments (I can't remember all the details of how it happened, but I remember someone being able to fly, and someone being able to shoot beams from their hands...)

I also think everyone was brutally honest with themselves and each other when designing theirselves as characters. Also, we didn't sweat it too much if we disagreed. "You think you have a high CON? Sure, whatever. Let's play."
I went more of a Star Wars route. I secretly gave everyone a 17 in their Psionics score which was just one below starting the game with Psi. Being enslaved by a Psionic culture, with the ability of increasing Psi score by implanting Psionic Gems in their foreheads, and it was almost guaranteed that the players would become "awakened." They didn't :ROFLMAO:

This is the same campaign that I've mentioned in which the characters were searching for Forerunner tech and eventually got themselves a dimensional transporter (pretty much a portable short range Gate from Stargate, though almost a decade before the movie was released).

Mad_Jack

Legend
"You think you have a high CON? Sure, whatever. Let's play."

As grade-schoolers discussing our personal stats, any claim to a high score was ruthlessly tested, lol... The Constitution test involved getting punched in the arm repeatedly until you'd had enough, and the Dexterity test involved a snowball fight... :cool:

Remove ads