• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reign of Fire [2002]

Ryujin

Legend
Our alien invasion game turned into something of a superhero game as players (IIRC) stole alien tech and/or got bio-enhanced after being subject to alien experiments (I can't remember all the details of how it happened, but I remember someone being able to fly, and someone being able to shoot beams from their hands...)

I also think everyone was brutally honest with themselves and each other when designing theirselves as characters. Also, we didn't sweat it too much if we disagreed. "You think you have a high CON? Sure, whatever. Let's play."
I went more of a Star Wars route. I secretly gave everyone a 17 in their Psionics score which was just one below starting the game with Psi. Being enslaved by a Psionic culture, with the ability of increasing Psi score by implanting Psionic Gems in their foreheads, and it was almost guaranteed that the players would become "awakened." They didn't :ROFLMAO:

This is the same campaign that I've mentioned in which the characters were searching for Forerunner tech and eventually got themselves a dimensional transporter (pretty much a portable short range Gate from Stargate, though almost a decade before the movie was released).

Mad_Jack

Legend
"You think you have a high CON? Sure, whatever. Let's play."

As grade-schoolers discussing our personal stats, any claim to a high score was ruthlessly tested, lol... The Constitution test involved getting punched in the arm repeatedly until you'd had enough, and the Dexterity test involved a snowball fight... :cool:

Remove ads