Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also as a side note, the 5e player's handbook is sold out. Again. I'm tempted to buy the PF2 core rulebook but after all the errata and editing it needs was announced I'm thinking of waiting on the second printing.

Where was this announced? Sounds like news!

Markh3rd

Explorer
Where was this announced? Sounds like news!

The following errata came from today's Pathfinder Fridays Twitch stream with the PF2 developers:
  • Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
  • Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
  • Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
  • Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
  • Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
  • The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
  • Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.
Link to the stream: Twitch
The developers said they will be releasing official critical errata soon as well as monster creation rules (so we will have them before the GameMastery Guide comes out).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The following errata came from today's Pathfinder Fridays Twitch stream with the PF2 developers:
  • Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
  • Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
  • Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
  • Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
  • Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
  • The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
  • Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.
Link to the stream: Twitch
The developers said they will be releasing official critical errata soon as well as monster creation rules (so we will have them before the GameMastery Guide comes out).

Thanks! Crediting you in a news article! :)

Markh3rd

Explorer
Also PFS isn't going to be at PAX west. Which is a bummer because I wanted to play it there. Acquisition Inc. is having a special non-AL legal game there though using the new Acquisition Inc. Book. Sounds fun. Of course AL will be there also. Maybe someone will be running a PF2 on the side somewhere. They did say that they planned to be at PAX unplugged in December.

dave2008

Legend
View attachment 113374

Ok the Barnes and Noble finally got some copies in, but can you tell it's the new edition? If you were a new player would you know the difference between the PF1 books and the PF2 books just looking at this shelf? To be fair 5th edition just says dungeons and dragons on the side also but has the advantage that no more 4e books are on the shelf.

Also as a side note, the 5e player's handbook is sold out. Again. I'm tempted to buy the PF2 core rulebook but after all the errata and editing it needs was announced I'm thinking of waiting on the second printing.
Honestly, I had the same issue when I tired to purchase it from their webdsite. I couldn't tell if I was getting PF1 or PF2. It made me not purchase at first.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The ranking of PF2E is phenomenal. There are folks who might kill for that.

Really what matters is how much demand they anticipated at this point. If they printed books sufficient to cover demand in the top 100 of books (or even top 500), and instead they are getting top 1300 in books, that could matter quite a lot for everyone who likes Paizo (which includes me). My hope is they're selling at or above what they anticipated sales to be. If it's well below, that could become a very big deal.

View attachment 113374

Ok the Barnes and Noble finally got some copies in, but can you tell it's the new edition? If you were a new player would you know the difference between the PF1 books and the PF2 books just looking at this shelf? To be fair 5th edition just says dungeons and dragons on the side also but has the advantage that no more 4e books are on the shelf.

Another thing that can be potentially confusing to new players or someone buying as a gift, is the playtest book.

My local BAM has the same 3 copies of the 2e CRB and 2 copies of the monster book since launch day. Sold out of PHBs for 5e though. Granted I'm sure the PF 2e book is cheaper on Amazon.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Down to Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,258 in Books (right around Sword Coast Adventurers Guide)

Last edited:

Remove ads