Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, that didn't last very long. It has dropped back behind the 5-year-old D&D 5E Player's Handbook.

Well, sure, that was bound to happen: it's not like 5E is going out of style any time soon. The Beastiary has fallen behind Volo's Guide to Monsters as well. Still, pretty good opening for a non-D&D brand RPG.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well the short spike is the keeners, the enthousiasts. Then there is going to be a slow trickle of current users. If the reviews are good, a fair amount will switch and sales will go up. If this is the best system since Gygax, then new users will jump on board.

So we will see :)

darjr

I crit!
It is as of this moment #183 in books. The PHB is #66.

I have to say I am happily surprised at their success. That's huge and I think a signal that there is an audience hungry for more complexity, even if it's not for me.

And the are so savy, they personally handed a deluxe fully autographed copy to Mathew Mercer.

zztong

Explorer
Well, that didn't last very long. It has dropped back behind the 5-year-old D&D 5E Player's Handbook.

This is based on current sales, or what?

If it is current sales then I'm surprised. I would have figured the market for the 5e PHB would be saturated by this time.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar

If it is current sales then I'm surprised. I would have figured the market for the 5e PHB would be saturated by this time.

About Amazon Best Sellers Rank
The Amazon Best Sellers calculation is based on Amazon.com sales and is updated hourly to reflect recent and historical sales of every item sold on Amazon.com.

While the Amazon Best Sellers list is a good indicator of how well a product is selling overall, it doesn't always indicate how well an item is selling among other similar items. Category and subcategory best seller lists were created to highlight an item's rank in the categories or subcategories where it really stands out.

We choose a few of the most popular subcategories in which the item has a high ranking in relation to other items in that subcategory, and showcase the item's rank on the product page. As with the main Amazon Best Sellers list, these category rankings are based on Amazon.com sales and are updated hourly.

From: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=525376

Parmandur

Book-Friend

These rankings reflect current sales.

The 5E PHB has sold better each subsequent year since 2014, beyond not saturating they have been actively growing their audience. The 5E Starter box has actively pulled ahead again now, too, as people are still buying the five year old beginner package like hotcakes.

The Bestiary has fallen below Mordenkainen's Time of Does now, so all three 5E monster books are now currently outselling it on Amazon.

Remove ads