Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

darjr

I crit!
Essentials kit is at 85 and the boxed gift set is at 455

What is the “world builders journal”? Or the “Bestiary Notebook”? Are they new?

@Morrus

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Essentials kit is at 85 and the boxed gift set is at 455

What is the “world builders journal”? Or the “Bestiary Notebook”? Are they new?

@Morrus

They've talked about those on Dragon Talk: they are officially licensed notebooks for DM's, one with writing prompts for world building, the other with Monster stats and such.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Especially since it's been out since June! Though I've heard repeated stories of shortages at Target.

Out since June at Target. Amazon only got it a week ago, and I know there were folks who don't have Target's in their area, were foiled by the shortages in online fulfilllment from Target in the past few months, or were waiting for the significant discount.

TheSword

Legend
This is really bad, but I kinda hope PF2 flops to encourage the great creative team to produce products as a third party for 5e...

Adventure path conversions for the back catalogue and future products. Conversion for Golarion as a 5e setting.

Sorry everyone.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So, as of 9/10, The PF2 Core has fallen to #17 (#2,065 in Books), behind the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide ( #1,580 in Books) and Curse of Strahd (#1,811 in Books), maintaining a solid lead over Ghosts of Saltmarsh (#2,367 in Books).

It's #2,240 in Books now.

Man I am having trouble imagining this is where Paizo thought this book would be ranking at this early point in the sales cycle. Maybe they did (I hope they did), but it sure seems like they'd do a print run heavier than accounting for that type of sales ranking, even assuming a majority of sales are direct to the customer from them.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This is really bad, but I kinda hope PF2 flops to encourage the great creative team to produce products as a third party for 5e...

Adventure path conversions for the back catalogue and future products. Conversion for Golarion as a 5e setting.

Sorry everyone.

I mean, think about it this way. Some good people work at Paizo. And sure, I'd love to see some of their stuff for 5e. But, I also prefer the people working there be happy, and work on things they want to work on and are proud of. Which is almost certainly their own system rather than someone else's system.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's #2,240 in Books now.

Man I am having trouble imagining this is where Paizo thought this book would be ranking at this early point in the sales cycle. Maybe they did (I hope they did), but it sure seems like they'd do a print run heavier than accounting for that type of sales ranking, even assuming a majority of sales are direct to the customer from them.

They are saying their sales on Amazon are better than what they got for PF1, and it is outselling every other RPG (maybe Star Wars is doing better?). It seems it is really more about how big 5E is at 5 years, than a problem for Paizo. I mean, the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide is still selling like gangbusters, nearly 4 years old and having a mixed reception critically speaking? Bonkers.

darjr

I crit!
There is a post here somewhere with PF1 sales ranking for several years. We could get some kind of comparison.

Just remember that this rank is really good. It does seem to be FAR better than other RPGs not D&D. 5e is the outlier here.

Anaybody have an idea what the last ranking was? Who’s on third? What’s their rank?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases